Thread: SNES Station & FCE Ultra for PS2

Thanks
    EP Points

Default SNES Station & FCE Ultra for PS2

are they both better than PGEN?

however SNES Station let you save games while FCE Ultra don't.

Thanks
    EP Points

I used to play all of these emulators on my PS2, before I started using my Wii for emulation.

SNES Station handles most games pretty well, except for random sound glitches (Sound can be disabled to improve performance). Still, there are some that either won't play, or are unplayable due to lag.

FCE Ultra is really good. It handles 95% of NES and FDS games near perfectly. The last version I used allowed me to save games, and save-states.

As to whether either one is better than PGEN? I'm not sure. As to performance, I'd put them about equal... but I think it's like comparing apples to oranges.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PGEN overall is much better than SNES Station but PGEN has it's own compat issues but not so much the lag issues some SNES games have, then again SNES has a much larger collection of games vs Megadrive/Genesis does

It might be NES (IMBN) aimed at PSX could also be an option if you can boot PSX software on your PS2 you do need a PSX memcard though for save data

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't have PSX console

anyways, know any site i can download new version of FCE Ultra for PS2? because one i'm now using give me a save state error

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All PS2 consoles play PSX software, you don't need a PSX at all

Anyway you can try http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ the menu of the left under all the game adverts has a list of emulators for the PS2 including FCE Ultra and It Might Be NES along with a few others

EDIT http://psx-scene.com/forums/f176/fce...tml#post420961 they have that (see post 156)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2015 at 04:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: