Thread: Running Windows on Original Xbox?

Thanks

Default Running Windows on Original Xbox?

Hey Guys, I'm back on Epforums again!,
    I'm just wondering what would be the most stable version of windows to use on the original xbox and whether installing it on the xbox would delete my existing games and saves? If this is true, is there a workaround?

Thanks Guys.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Help you any?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol someone actually bothered but how slow is XP though, not really usable and certainly not for actually playing PC games via, but still kinda interesting

The Xbox although by Microsoft it's not really a PC though the hardware is based on PC hardware and has no native support for any version of Windows or any PC software

DOS games however can be played via DosBox, maybe even Windows 95/98 or an older versioon of Windows like 3.11, hey might run faster than XP via Linux chances are it will still be too slow to be of any real use though

There are plenty of nice skins though for various dashboards though and linux itself does not run too badly that can have a windows type look to it but it is still not really windows

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Linux is not windows at all but you can run various windows only programs via Wine just fine, its really fun to tinker.

I'm sure Shadow989 may find it interesting if he is just wanting to experiment.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys! I actually used to have a windows 3.1 computer and it was cool, hahha. I am interested in the idea of having windows 98 on the original xbox or windows 3.1 if possible as windows xp would be quite slow. I don't know why but I'm quite interested in the xbox hardware for some reason so yeah. Thanks