Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to run PSX on PSP, but corrupted data.

Thanks

Default Trying to run PSX on PSP, but corrupted data.

Hey there! Recently got a PSP fat, it's modded with CFW 6.39. I'm trying to get PSX games to work with this PSP, installed Popsloader and everything, using PSX2PSP. But all I get is corrupted data. Now, may I just add that I know pretty much nothing about PSP and modding it, and all the info out there contradict each other or leave info out so I have no clue really what to do. Appreciate any and all help, even the mere fact that you're reading this .

Oh and a little new problem that just emerged: The PSP has decided to start randomly crashing, right now at the home screen pressing start crashes it occassionally, in game it can be the volume buttons, it's completely random.
    Last edited by Laserdust; 3rd-October-2015 at 07:08.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Update your CFW to 6.60 there is no reason not to.
    Stick to official PSOne Classics versions if possible.

If you use PRO then get 6.60 fix3 as it restores PSOne Classics support.

To update you will need to update to 6.60 OFW first, then 6.60 CFW.
    I think Zorlon has a share thread of OFWs here (check the PSP master list).

Edit: Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Update your CFW to 6.60 there is no reason not to.
    Stick to official PSOne Classics versions if possible.

If you use PRO then get 6.60 fix3 as it restores PSOne Classics support.

To update you will need to update to 6.60 OFW first, then 6.60 CFW.
    I think Zorlon has a share thread of OFWs here (check the PSP master list).

Edit: Thread moved.
    Hey! Thank you so much for the response . Could you please give a little more explanation as to how to do this all? Again, I'm completely new and completely lost. OFW I suppose is official firmware, do I update from the official servers or from one that I download around here in the master list, where's the master list btw? And where exactly do I find a good download for 6.60 CFW? What exactly is the difference with the isos I've downloaded and PSOne Classics? Yeah, I'm kinda lost and desperate here .

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

https://code.google.com/p/playstatio...3.rar&can=2&q= custom firmware Pro C fix 3 (Do not get Pro C-2 they broke the PSone Classics support) update your firmware first then run this updater [just dump the files keeping the structure in the root of the storage]
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 has the firmware updates basic instructions are included on the page
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?79809 PSP master list p.s. not sure how many of my uploads are still up, I have lost a few upload services and my files

scroll right down to see the PSX2PSP converts and official PSone Classics

the perm patch can only be used on some PSP's but I assume yours should be fine

P.S. Popsloader is not required for PSone Classics, but may be required for some PSX2PSP converts and may take a few attempts to get the correct pops version via trial and error and most popsloader guide lines are for older firmware versions of the PSP and do not work the same on later versions of the PSP firmware, best to start with the newest pops version and work your way back as newer versions also have extra features supported like free scaling and more customizable controls, especially the later is a must and you are are stuck with less buttons than a basic digital only PSX pad has but that thumb stick that a basic digital PSX pad does not have
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-October-2015 at 08:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    https://code.google.com/p/playstatio...3.rar&can=2&q= custom firmware Pro C fix 3 (Do not get Pro C-2 they broke the PSone Classics support) update your firmware first then run this updater [just dump the files keeping the structure in the root of the storage]
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 has the firmware updates basic instructions are included on the page
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?79809 PSP master list p.s. not sure how many of my uploads are still up, I have lost a few upload services and my files

scroll right down to see the PSX2PSP converts and official PSone Classics

the perm patch can only be used on some PSP's but I assume yours should be fine

P.S. Popsloader is not required for PSone Classics, but may be required for some PSX2PSP converts and may take a few attempts to get the correct pops version via trial and error and most popsloader guide lines are for older firmware versions of the PSP and do not work the same on later versions of the PSP firmware, best to start with the newest pops version and work your way back as newer versions also have extra features supported like free scaling and more customizable controls, especially the later is a must and you are are stuck with less buttons than a basic digital only PSX pad has but that thumb stick that a basic digital PSX pad does not have
    Thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate it. Now my question is simply though, what OFW should I go with? 6.60 and then install the CFW?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kinda obvious but yes update your firmware first to OFW 6.60

There is no tricks to get the CFW installer to work after you are on OFW 6.60 not like the olde days but you must be on the matching OFW to install the CFW

The firmware I have listed lets you play ISO images and PSone Classics as well as UMD movies/media

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Kinda obvious but yes update your firmware first to OFW 6.60

There is no tricks to get the CFW installer to work after you are on OFW 6.60 not like the olde days but you must be on the matching OFW to install the CFW

The firmware I have listed lets you play ISO images and PSone Classics as well as UMD movies/media
    Hey, slight problem, I've tried now with 4 different OSs and 2 computers, the download doesn't work. Either out of memory or stuck on initialising, as well as "temporary" error. Any other mirrors you got of this download?

Oh and it's kinda obvious that I don't share the same experience as you with the PSP so, 'xcuse me.
    Last edited by Laserdust; 3rd-October-2015 at 12:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just downloaded OFW 6.60.7z from Zorlon's Mega folder. The download is working fine.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I just downloaded OFW 6.60.7z from Zorlon's Mega folder. The download is working fine.
    Well, finally got that working too, luckily. But a new problem has arised now with me downloading Metal Gear Solid. That fucking site, Firedrive, have had issues with it before and basically, I can't download it. The blue button at the top just does nothing, literally. And if I press continue to download and then direct download I get taken back to continue to download. Side note, just downloading MGS before actually doing the PSP update process, fyi.
    Last edited by Laserdust; 3rd-October-2015 at 12:33.

Thanks
    EP Points

Firedrive might be dead I can't remember now. Bump the thread as the alt links appear to be dead anyway.
    It will either get reuploaded or the thread will be trashed.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Firedrive might be dead I can't remember now. Bump the thread as the alt links appear to be dead anyway.
    It will either get reuploaded or the thread will be trashed.
    *Nevermind, I panic too easily, got it fixed myself .*

Thanks
    EP Points

You could try Keka instead, 7zX might be rather outdated but I really don't know much about Mac tbh.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

You could try Keka instead, 7zX might be rather outdated but I really don't know much about Mac tbh.
    Finally, I got it all downloaded and installed (going to test now), installed the CFW. But now about this CIPL Flasher, what in the hell is that and should I install it?

Thanks
    EP Points

CIPL Flasher is for permanent CFW. I have never used it myself (I use temp CFW as my model PSP cannot use perm).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

*nevermind this post, you already answered*.
    Last edited by Laserdust; 3rd-October-2015 at 13:23.