Thread: Help with free mcboot + codebreaker

Thanks

Default Help with free mcboot + codebreaker

Hi there, I found a similar post but didn't want to necro it, Basicly, I sent my memory card to someone to get mcboot put on it, and I read on here you can run codebreaker via USB to do codes, Since mines a Memory card hack im wondering if that's the problem, or, how to go about setting it to run codebreaker, since I didn't do the mod myself and don't want to break it without instructions lol (It's set up so I just run a burnt disc I used the ESR patcher for the iso on)

Also - I have the HDD attachment for the ps2, i'm using the 'fat' or original, ps2, could I somehow make it run the isos off the hdd or usb instead? Would that mean a whole redo of the mod onto that hdd or usb? Thanks for your time.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80580 Everything you need, including patches that will let you patch codebreaker elf to boot whatever you tell it to, originally they just boot a CD or DVD but you can target an elf file like an HDD loader or ESR (a DVD loader aimed for DVD's patched to look as if they are DVD-Video's) or any other elf file

for the only pre patched version just make sure the target elf file (be that whatever loader you choose) is located and named the same as what the pre patched codebreaker looks for in one of the locations listed in the spoiler

On a side note some games may run better from DVD still

Codebreaker 9.2 or 9.3 are possibly the best all round versions to go for, or at least for cbc file support for adding new codes
    Codebreaker 10 is a newer version but only supports official cbc files so no support for custom ones
    Custom cbc files can be created via cbcMaker PS2 XP 2007 that is also in the same link that has the codebreaker elf files and patches
    All versions can have the cheat save file edited on PC though if you want to do it that way (see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?72999 for adding codes that way)
    On a side note do not switch between versions though as the save data used for each version is different and you will need to start fresh with your codes list

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR