Thread: Can't run Time Crisis 2 in MAME

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Can't run Time Crisis 2 in MAME

I have the x64b version of MAME and I want to run Time Crisis 2, one of my favorite arcade games, and I can't get it to run at all. Says the machine has trouble with sound and video.

Am I missing a rom or something?

I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro,
    and using MAME 0.161 x64

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope the error message is an emulation status message indicating it is just not playable at all but they will have WIP drivers in MAME just not enough to make it playable

If you are missing a rom it would say you are missing a rom or chd, but if you are using MAMEUI or other gui version try right clicking the game and hit the audit option it will tell you if anything is missing

You could try PS2 emulation though no idea if it supports mouse as a lightgun or not I don't emulate PS2 myself, not because I can't I just still use my PS2

If you look on youtube though there may be a guide to getting the game to work ish via an older version of MAME or a hacked version or just play the PS2 version instead

EDIT tested this game with version 162 of MAME but it just boots out of MAME in a crash out, but went back to version 150 and it runs though the sound does stutter but it seems to work, it is still a WIP driver though so I would expect it to be a little buggy and the sound is one of the issues mentioned along with video (The sound issue is top do with the emulation rather than my system )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2015 at 13:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

good news! i just took a quick look at the rom listing in MAMEUI64 .165 and Time Crisis (Rev. TS2 Ver.B) is in the green. as is Ver. A, BUT both still say the video and audio isn't 100% accurate so they'll work but things might be buggy/glitchy.

maybe try MAMEUI64 .165 and see if it works for you or if not wait a few more versions (probably won't take too long as it gets updated fairly often) and check then.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Worked in 150 but a few versions seem to just crash mame itself

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR