Thread: Does Anybody Know The Size Of The Full MAME 0.165 Rom Set?

Thanks

Default Does Anybody Know The Size Of The Full MAME 0.165 Rom Set?

I found a site with complete updated MAME rom sets. Not just the update packs but also the complete sets. But, I have a question, the rom set they have up for MAME 0.165 is only around 30gb whereas the 0.164 set was almost 50gb. Is just 30 plus gb the right size for the 0.165 rom set? Or is that a bit small? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by appollo147; 14th-September-2015 at 19:22.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A full set including CHD's is going to apx 350GB excluding chd's apx 40GB is just roms

They possibly just have high compression and would need to be extracted to zip files before they can be used

best thing to use is a dat file and clrmame pro to check the roms for missing files

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    A full set including CHD's is going to apx 350GB excluding chd's apx 40GB is just roms

They possibly just have high compression and would need to be extracted to zip files before they can be used

best thing to use is a dat file and clrmame pro to check the roms for missing files
    Thanx for the reply man I will give their set a go. BTW the link to the site will be listed below. And the files are hosted on mega.co.nz so even free users should get full speed with no download limits.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 15th-September-2015 at 14:11. Reason: external site link removed