Thread: X360 RGH e68 error after xplorer360 via SATA-USB

Thanks
    EP Points

Default X360 RGH e68 error after xplorer360 via SATA-USB

Stupidly deleted game install data using Freestyle 3.
    Wanting to learn how to re-install, connected 160GB HDD to PC with SATA-USB connector to manage files with xplorer360.
    Nothing detected, THEN found out I should have used xplorer360-160GB version, which does detect.
    Only deleted some XBLA savegame data from contents, nothing important I'm certain, and did nothing else before disconnecting and replacing HDD back in X360.
    Now I get e 68 error on boot, steady blue center-light (no red; no ring), no error when HDD is removed.

Everything on HDD is gone forever?
    Must reformat through FTP connection?
    Safer way to connect with SATA-USB?
    [EDIT: PC still detects Partition 3 and appears to be backing up data properly. Still getting e68 on X360; still scared like a Jigsaw Killer victim!]
    Last edited by Breather; 14th-September-2015 at 04:24. Reason: light description

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-3...error-code-e68

There is no error 68 listed though just e68 and does mention the red light but still worth trying there resolve for the issue
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-September-2015 at 07:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks, seen and done. Mine is an original model, news to me.
    I can't find any mention through google of a single blue light, but I did find a 5yr old description of a possible cause for e68:
    http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/con...ecting-pc.html
    Excerpt from link: "Some motherboards will [create a HPA when connecting to XBOX360 HDD], some won't, hence why some people experience the problem and some don't. This change [alters your LBA (logical block addressing?), and is] is enough for your [xbox to not recognize] your hard drive anymore."
    Several (difficult!) hexing solutions are mentioned for some HDD sizes, but none for 160GB.

Backup progress bar filled & restarted and I ran out of space! Maybe because I began the backup with insufficient space and removed files to make room for the backup-in-progress - trying again.
    At least the drive and contents don't seem to be broken or corrupted, so I'm hoping there's a fix better than Microsoft's advice to throw it away and buy a new one from Microsoft.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Youtube seems to have a few e68 fixes worth looking at

e.g.

There are a number of videos and a few alt ways to fix the e68 error code

Never had or seen that error myself though

The video's tend to look at the Original shaped versions of the 360

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-an-Xbox-360-Error-E68 could be worth a shot also and hints that there may be another cause for the error by an accessory maybe
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-September-2015 at 14:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

It works again!
    Youtube was the Microsoft advice plus random taps & blows, and peripherals were checked, so I just left it the night and powered on with eject button.
    Blue center-light not so bad. Thanks for looking Zorlon!
    I did get around a 150GB backup image to complete on a regular WD portable drive, but it doesn't show up for Xplorer360's 'restore image'.
    I'd like to know I have a good backup before fooling around much more...that's a different thread...
    Is FTP any safer than SATA-USB?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is possibly as much advice as I can give

Never done either with my 360 only messed with my original Xbox that I use FTP with via a crossover connection to PC

But a backup that can't be restored is not much of a backup, though make sure the restore is looking in the correct location first if you have not already

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]