Thread: How to use mIRC

Thanks

Post How to use mIRC

I noticed a lot of people still can't seem to get mIRC working for some reason! So I decided I'd write this up for all you newbies. Now please stop asking "How do I get mIRC to work?"

Go to http://www.mirc.com to get mIRC. Download it, and install it. Once you have it installed, start it up. You should see an about screen pop up with some guys face on it in the upper right. Just close that screen by hitting the X on the top right. Now you should see the options screen pop up. On the top it should say "IRC Servers" with a list to the right. Make sure that list is set to "All". Right underneath that should be another list. It'll probably say something like "Random US DALnet server". Just click on the down arrow and scroll down until you see "Newnet: Random server". They should be sorted alphabetically so it shouldn't be too hard to find it. If their not sorted alphabetically just click the button on the right that says "sort" to do this. Now you should see a box that says "Full Name". Just put your real name in this box. Underneath that you will see an "email" box. Just put your email in that box. Now where it says "Nickname" this is the name that will be displayed whenever you type something. The "Alternative" box is just for if that name is already being used by someone else and you are forced to change it to something else. Don't check that box that says "Invisible Mode". You are all set. Now just click the button that says "Connect to IRC Server" and you should connect to the server. Now another list will pop up when you join the server. Just close that list. You don't need it. Now type "/join #emuparadise" (without the quotes) and you should now be in the channel. Now that you've gotten this far, you should be able to ask someone there for help if you need it. But don't repeat yourself over and over again! Give them time. You should get help eventually. If your wondering "How do I access the Fservs with all the roms" just type "!needhelp" (again without the quotes). It will download a file called "fserve.txt" to your computer. Just browse to the directory you installed mIRC. (C:\mIRC by default) and open up the folder called "Download". You should see the file there. Just double click on it and you should have all the information you need on how to access the fserves.

Hopefully this should be enough to help out all you newbies who are too scared to try mIRC on your own. It might take a little getting used to but you'll realize that it was all worth it!

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice guide m8!
    Thanks..

Thanks

np

Thanks

Here it is people. THIS is how you use mIRC. If you people would look through the older posts you would see that this message was posted over a month ago now...

Thanks

Thanx for the guide Septic. Youve made many people happy.

Thanks

good work mate !

(ups, I just put an IRCFAQ with pictures and all online )
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Thanks

thx man hopefully people will stop asking how to use mirc now

Ziegfried Guest

yup yup theyre getting annoying