Thread: Help Cant Play The Simpsons 4 Player Arcade on Mame

Thanks

Default Help Cant Play The Simpsons 4 Player Arcade on Mame

hi i'm new to Mame in general but I'll appreciate if someone can walk me though this and finally enjoy playing one of my favorite arcade games from my PC, thanks.
    I downloaded it but its not working. Another game that wasn't working before was Dig Dug but got it working by some help.

I get this pop-up when I select to play this game.

"The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game."

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

It seems the MAME version is either too new or too old for your rom. The MAME team changes quite a lot of things with every version (more accurences in general) that can - sometimes but not always - make your default rom unplayable. You should find a rom revision that feet to your MAME version, it's simple as that. You should also check that your rom is the parent one and that it is working (sometimes only clones work). There are also some tools to help you in order to run an uptodate game list.

Thanks

which MAME version do u recommend downloading then? thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

you can get the latest version of MAMEUI64 here: http://www.mameui.info/ newest version is v.165...dangit, gonna have to update mine again. mine is 164

also, if you could please tell me the short name of the rom in question (see the directory column of the rom listing once you boot up MAME), i could check and see if it needs any parent/child/chd stuff to work as that's usually the case if you're emulator is already up to date.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui/ has both 64bit and 32bit versions of MAMEUI

Make sure you have the Parent rom as it will always be required to play any other version of the same game

The game in question does not use CHD files though so it's not missing one of those

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR