Thread: Can't seem to get burned games to work?

Thanks

Red face Can't seem to get burned games to work?

So, I've got this PS1 since I was a kid. It has a modchip and several burned games THAT work. Some of them, with time, have stopped working so I decided to buy some CD-R and burn the games again.

Strangely enough, I can't seem to get it to work.
    Burned 5 or 6 discs with different games, different regions, and they don't work!

Tried playing them on a emulator and they worked, what is happening?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Burning too fast (try setting ImgBurn to 1x burning speed, it will burn faster if 1x is not supported but whatever that is, it will be the best quality burn for your hardware)
    Poor quality media can also cause problems (brand has nothing to do with the quality of the media as all brands do good and bad media)

PC drives are more lenient and have better error control compared with console CD/DVD/BD drives

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

What I've done is I've burned at the slowest speed, and also, after unpacking the .cue and .bin files that came together in a zip file, I've burned the .cue file onto the disc with ImgBurn. Anything I've done wrong?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it is possible that you just did not have a bin+cue but a ecm+cue file especially if you got the games from us in that case the ecm file need to be converted correctly to be usuable

if the source files are ok though and burning at 1x (it will burn faster) with ImgBurn on default settings asides from burn speed and the game/games are still not working the chances are the media used (CD-R's) are just junk media that are no good for the PSX

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm using Verbatim AZO CD-R (Crystal); (700 mb; 52x speed vitesse; 80 min) and it is a .cue and a .bin, I know it is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you're using Windows and the bin has ".bin" in the file name but the cue doesn't have ".cue" you have a common problem. When you have the folder open, press Alt, then T, then O to open Folder Options. Click on the View tab. You should see a list of Checkboxes. Look for one that says Hide extensions for known file types. Make sure that is unchecked and click OK. Now you should see full file names and extensions, which will show you if you really have a .ecm file instead of a .bin, and if so you can look for ecmtools and drag+drop .ecm files onto UnECM.exe to extract the file you want.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip (Learnt something new), but it is a .cue and a .bin file, just as I said