Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiiman again lol Hugo gx (pc engine emulator) roms syscards. . . . .

Thanks

Default Wiiman again lol Hugo gx (pc engine emulator) roms syscards. . . . .

ok so i downloaded pcengine romset from here i've downloaded syscard3 tried it in roms and root directories and every time i try to load splatterhouse (u) pce it just gives me a blank screen? inside the splatterhouse zip there's japan usa a few bad dumps and a splatterhouse sound file?
    i really am struggling with this one, i've had pcengine working on ootake on the pc and i'm sure it wasn't this difficult, there's very little in the way of instructions out there. . . . .

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you even tried Retroarch yet?

It uses the Mednafen PC Engine core and runs great, I have not tried on Wii .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

didn't even think of it, i just tried to load splatterhouse on retroarch it suggests 2 mednafen cores and both give blackscreen, i really don't know where i'm going wrong lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Set it up on PC first to get the hang of it, here is my bios back,

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. That has the playstation,Sega CD,PC Engine CD,sega saturn,FDS bios in it.

You need to set the Bios directory first then load a core and go to information,core information and see if the bioses are detected.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Just a quick note...there's a Virtual Console version of the game you're trying to emulate. In fact it should be better than the PC Engine version because it's the arcade version.
    I have a modified version of the game posted on EP:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-J-English-WAD

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

extract the zip file so you are running a single game instead of a zip containing several dumps

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

again its just for the wii lol i can easily emulate arcade splatterhouse on mame i probably have nes and sega versions too, but that's just what i've been trying to use for testing the emulator, the zips extracted i've been trying to use the u version but like i said all i get is black screen i've put syscard3 in various places all with no effect there's proof the emulator works on youtube i just don't know what they have or where they put it. . . . . . . . .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think I'm really going to have to set up RA on my Wii to try troubleshooting all this.

So you are trying to run the TurboGraphics 16/PC Engine Splatterhouse on the wii correct?

Thanks

correctamundo for all i know that game doesn't even work but i also tried shinobi a few times and got a blank screen too, i've just asked for a solution on gbatemp 11 views no clues lol

hugo gx would be the preferred one to get working

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never used a emu on my Wii but il try to fiddle with it when I can.

Would be better to just make a Emu/Media box with a single board PC though .

Last time I tried to run media through my Wii my DVDs were out of sync because the wii could not handle processing them, quite sad.

Thanks

my wii is an emu media box lol i'm not sure about dvd's but a homebrew app called wiimc plays mp4's, i've got a few hundred films in that format

i just tried to play a dvd. . . . . . .

DVDs don’t play. I get the message “DVD playback is not supported on this Wii.”.

Support for video commands was removed by Nintendo in newer DVD drives. Some Wiis purchased in 2009 and those purchased in 2010 forward do not support DVD video mode. If you are receiving this message, it’s because your Wii fits into this category – it cannot play and will never be able to play DVDs.

i guess thats the price i pay for wanting a black one lol
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 8th-September-2015 at 20:34. Reason: posts merged

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ya its only a homebrew thing, Nintendo being nintendo did not think DVD video playback was a good idea when in fact it would of been very welcome.

Wii disc drives made past that date will not run non official media including DVD videos official or not.

Nintendos piracy struggles are always in vain.

Thanks

if the companies wanted to avoid piracy they should have stuck with cartridges lol how long did it take to put an sd card into a nintendo 64?? everdrive, tempting gadget but way overpriced

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

flash kit vs buying all the retail games even for a dead console still works out cheaper to buy a flash kit

My Xbox (original) is my media/emu center, my Wii just extends that for lightgun games (though the GC and Wii games are also good, well a good number of good to great games along with a bunch of junk)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i think i found something but still need to test, found on a spanish forum lol

Wiiengine 1.0 (c) 2008, Francisco Muñoz 'Hermes'

ATENTION: This software writes on your SD, creates directories, renames and erases files using libfat, so it is recommended to do a backup of the SD to avoid data loss.

Directory tree

root
    |---apps
    |---roms
    |--pcengine
    |--saves -> save states, WRAM saves
    |--img -> .bmp, frames captured
    |--syscard.pce -> system card by default (you must include it for CDROM support)
    |--Rtype.pce.bz2 -> a game rom in one .bzip file
    |--bomberman.zip -> other game rom in one .zip file
    |--dracX.iso -> a CDROM game (without audio tracks)
    |--favorites -> folder with your favorites roms
    | |
    | |--- afterburnII.zip
    |--draculaX -> folder with a CDROM game
    |
    |---- draculaX.toc -> CDROM descriptor file (load this)
    |----- track1.ogg -> audio track
    |----- track2.iso -> data track
    |----- track3.ogg

Note: the system card, can be compressed in .zip format (syscard.zip) or .bz2 format (syscard.pce.bz2)

Characteristics:

- Based on gp2xengine, the PCengine emulator I made for gp2x and that includes parts of Hugo and XPCE among others.

- 512 entries per directory. The main directory must be :/roms/pcengine and an additional level with different games can be added. (i. e. :/roms/pcengine/DraculaX with the data/audio tracks needed for the game or :/roms/pcengine/favorites with your favorite games)

- Support of PCengine roms in .pce .bz2 or .zip. formats. A .bz2 compressor is included in the program to convert the .pce files to .bz2 from the file viewer.

- Support of CDROM in .iso and .toc. formats. The .toc format is a description file wich links the different audio and data tracks, and also can link a specific system ROM for the game. The audio tracks can be in .wav or .ogg format, 22.5/44.1Khz stereo/mono 8/16 bits. A system card is needed for CDROM support.

- The utility bincuesplit (created by myself) is included to extract the data and audio tracks from a cue/bin CDROM image. The program provides the .toc file and the audio tracks compressed in .ogg format.