Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 General Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Dark Souls 2 General Discussion

So, since this is a hot game right now and people like talking about it (in Retro at least... ), we shall have this thread.

To avoid confusion: this thread is about discussing gameplay, the storyline, giving each other tips, advice and so on.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright crusher and Stark, start talking. Tell me stories and what your favorite parts have been so far.

I know you were kinda hating on the game a bit Stark - did your opinion change?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh Dark Souls 2.

I hate you as much as I love you.

And I REALLY love you.

The best advice I can give is to be aggressive. After hours of basically trying to stone-wall my ass to victory like I basically did in Demons' Souls, I gave the fuck up and decided this: If everything can kill me fast, I'll just kill it faster. I keep the heavy armor for special occasions (and because it's cool as shit), but I've made a lot more progress sticking with the Imported set and just hitting everyone with a stick. many sticks. Lots of sticks.

Also when I'm done I get to tell everyone I beat the game like a bum.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you beat the old King in the crypt? That guy gave me a headache.

Also, did you fight the ancient dragon? I just talked to him and went about my business. I've heard stories of people picking a fight with him....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

nay to both of those. I'm planning on doing more fights, but I need to cool off after POISON EVERYWHERE 2, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh yeah, that part is a real blast.
    Crusher should be approaching that place soon....

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post

Alright crusher and Stark, start talking. Tell me stories and what your favorite parts have been so far.

I know you were kinda hating on the game a bit Stark - did your opinion change?
    Yeah I gave it an 8/10. Think personally that it is the weakest of the series but still a damn good game. So much so that I am playing around with the idea of doing a fresh run to try and max out the covenant ranks (something to do) Will decide after beating ghostbusters.

I can see myself exploring a lot more this time round. There was a part in the gutter which I gave a miss because I saw a big enemy and decided to avoid that

Also

Spoiler warning:

Vendrick was a pain in the ass and I never killed the ancient dragon

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Oh yeah, that part is a real blast.
    Crusher should be approaching that place soon....
    I just beat the boss after about a dozen retries.

Spoiler warning:
    His stupid magic explosion attack got me way more than it should. But it wasn't him that killed me most of the time. It was the stupid fire!

The level wasn't that bad but the statues were annoying. I also jumped down somewhere and met some not so friendly giants.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    I just beat the boss after about a dozen retries.

Spoiler warning:
    His stupid magic explosion attack got me way more than it should. But it wasn't him that killed me most of the time. It was the stupid fire!

The level wasn't that bad but the statues were annoying. I also jumped down somewhere and met some not so friendly giants.
    I had the same problem with that boss. I'd end up rolling into the fire or something and dying.... and then of course having to smash all the statues again on the way back to him. Did you find the hidden bonfire that's like right in front of his door? I missed that the first time through there.

Glad you found those Giants - They can be pretty pesky as well. Bet you're wondering what's beyond that door that you couldn't open though

What kind of character build are you running? I don't think I ever asked you before.

Thanks
    EP Points

My last build was pure power for a while and when I got my strength and dex at stupid levels I started playing around with magic

Spoiler warning:

+10 Sun Sword has insane stat bonuses for 40 Str and Dex.

Thanks
    EP Points

I went pure power as well, but I didn't actually get it to 40. I think I stopped around 34, same with Dex. I didn't really have any issues, and the few times I needed ranged combat I just used a bow. I'm thinking about going back to the witch at the beginning and re-purposing all my skills and going straight magic.

I did buy every spell I came across, although I'm still missing some since I never got the trophy for it. At least I'll be off to a good start

Thanks
    EP Points

I had the same problem with that boss. I'd end up rolling into the fire or something and dying.... and then of course having to smash all the statues again on the way back to him. Did you find the hidden bonfire that's like right in front of his door? I missed that the first time through there.

Glad you found those Giants - They can be pretty pesky as well. Bet you're wondering what's beyond that door that you couldn't open though

What kind of character build are you running? I don't think I ever asked you before.
    Yup got lucky and found the bonfire on my first run through the place. And thank fucking god for that because having to destroy those statues again and again would be way too exhausting.

Well I found the giants but didn't actually kill them... Next time Gadget, next time!

I'm pretty much always going for a light build with dex > str and then most other stats pretty evenly distributed.

I had a pretty fun time killing people in the name of the Rat King. Will continue doing that until I level up the covenant and then change back to one of the other I unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't lose your covenant level by switching, right? Oh and that stone in Majula, how does its covenant work? I've been far to afraid to touch it so far!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup got lucky and found the bonfire on my first run through the place. And thank fucking god for that because having to destroy those statues again and again would be way too exhausting.

Well I found the giants but didn't actually kill them... Next time Gadget, next time!

I'm pretty much always going for a light build with dex > str and then most other stats pretty evenly distributed.

I had a pretty fun time killing people in the name of the Rat King. Will continue doing that until I level up the covenant and then change back to one of the other I unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't lose your covenant level by switching, right? Oh and that stone in Majula, how does its covenant work? I've been far to afraid to touch it so far!
    Nah all the progress you make in a covenant is saved so you can come back to it any time

As for the champions covenant (think thats what its called) You need to collect things called Awestones. I forget where you get them from, but joining that covenant makes all the enemies in the game harder

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Nah all the progress you make in a covenant is saved so you can come back to it any time

As for the champions covenant (think thats what its called) You need to collect things called Awestones. I forget where you get them from, but joining that covenant makes all the enemies in the game harder
    That's great, hated how it worked in DS. Oh and about the Blue covenant, do I have to be in another covenants territory in order to be summoned?

Ah, I suspected as much. Do you get more souls too? Doubt it but that would be a fair trade off...

Thanks
    EP Points

That's great, hated how it worked in DS. Oh and about the Blue covenant, do I have to be in another covenants territory in order to be summoned?

Ah, I suspected as much. Do you get more souls too? Doubt it but that would be a fair trade off...
    I think the only covenants that need you to be in a certain area are the Rat and Bell covenant. I think for the blue covenant its for when another player is invaded by a red phantom (not totally sure)

I think you do get more souls. Don't take my word for it yet. When I start a new game I'll let you know if it does