Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what RPG'S took you forever to beat

I dont know where, I just woke up, an island maybe?
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default what RPG'S took you forever to beat

this thread is to post and discuss the longest RPG'S you have played through, post your game and your time, all form's of rpg's are allowed

three of the longest rpg's I've played through where

Dragon quest 8 129 hour's
    Dragon quest 9 59 hour's
    golden sun 2 47 hour's

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon8200 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd say ffx took me the longest at about 140. technically vagrant story was one I spent more time on trying to craft the perfect shield but my save file corrupted after about 200 hours

Thanks
    EP Points

Star Ocean til the end of time, took me about 120 hours my first run of the game, though i did get caught up in doing side stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Star Ocean til the end of time, took me about 120 hours my first run of the game, though i did get caught up in doing side stuff.
    so3 is my 3rd faverate ps2 rpg I spent 90 some hour's on it on my first run on earth level,
    but yet only 28 hour's on a speed run on earth level, I started a new game on universe mode and Im still working on
    a 100% completion playthrough I got 150 some hour's on it and still going, that is defenitly a long runer

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    I could not think of one but you reminded me about SO3, it took me a good 60+ hours to beat the main game and over 160 to finished the optional side quests, great game.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

pokemon white

350+ hour's, I cought half of the pokemon in the game, and saw 80% of them

Thanks
    EP Points

Final Fantasy VII. I procrastinated so much when it came to finishing the mansion because you would get pulled into battle like every other step.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks
    EP Points

Hm, 100+ hours with Xenoblade, 80 hours with FF12... I think those are my longest ones.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Hm, 100+ hours with Xenoblade, 80 hours with FF12... I think those are my longest ones.
    You wouldn't happen to have any tips & tricks on how to not suck at killing enemies in Xenoblade Gare?

I'm kinda sucking balls in it
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gobby View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have any tips & tricks on how to not suck at killing enemies in Xenoblade Gare?

I'm kinda sucking balls in it
    Don't attack enemies that are higher level than you...? If you're fighting enemies that are equal or lower level than your party, you shouldn't have problems.

Also:

- If you use Melia, control her and use her skills properly, don't let the AI do it.
    - Dunban is awesome
    - Reyn's damage for one of his skills (can't remember which one) is off the fucking charts
    - The last party member (spoiler) is AWESOME
    - MONADO BUSTERRRRRRR

Yeah.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Don't attack enemies that are higher level than you...? If you're fighting enemies that are equal or lower level than your party, you shouldn't have problems.

Also:

- If you use Melia, control her and use her skills properly, don't let the AI do it.
    - Dunban is awesome
    - Reyn's damage for one of his skills (can't remember which one) is off the fucking charts
    - The last party member (spoiler) is AWESOME
    - MONADO BUSTERRRRRRR

Yeah.
    Jeez I just might just plain suck then, it takes a year and a half to kill enemies ..............

Thanks
    EP Points

Final fantasy 12
    240+ hour's did every hunt and sidequest, except for obtaining all esper's

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I easily spent over 150 hours on it. Completed every job though and got the true ending. Also put about the same amount of time into Arc the Lad 2, but unfortunately never finished it. Damn PS1 memory card!

Though probably the one that truly took me the longest was Phantasy Star II. Those last temples on Dezo at the end are mega-confusing without the pack-in guide. Of course this was when I was young, before the internet and Gamefaqs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I easily spent over 150 hours on it. Completed every job though and got the true ending. Also put about the same amount of time into Arc the Lad 2, but unfortunately never finished it. Damn PS1 memory card!

Though probably the one that truly took me the longest was Phantasy Star II. Those last temples on Dezo at the end are mega-confusing without the pack-in guide. Of course this was when I was young, before the internet and Gamefaqs.
    AHHHH! phantasy star 2, I got stuck on finding the nei item's, and the four dam's, I counted 50+ hour's though

Thanks
    EP Points

Baldurs Gate 2
    FF12
    Star Ocean 3

Can't remember specific times. But spent alot on these.