Thread: Wii MotionPlus remote issue w/ USBLoader GX

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Wii MotionPlus remote issue w/ USBLoader GX

So I recently got a hold of one of the newer Wiimotes with the MotionPlus built in. It seems to work perfectly fine for all of my homebrew (emulators mostly), however its having serious issues working at all with USBLoader GX.

What happens is I'll have the wiimote synced and working correctly, then I'll load USBLoader through my Homebrew Channel deal. Then once its loaded the controller unsyncs itself, and it doesn't allow me to turn the wiimote back on or resync it. However, when I remove the batteries from the wiimote then put them back in, all four lights on it flash in unison, and it still doesn't bring up a cursor or anything for USBLoader.

Anyone have any insight into this?

UPDATE: I've figured out that it was in fact USBLoader acting up. With a bit of searching I managed to find WiiFlow, which not only worked with my MotionPlus controllers but actually loads Skyward Sword finally
    Last edited by MaslowK; 27th-October-2012 at 09:43.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wierd never had an issue like this with USBLoaderGX got it installed on 2 Wii's though I need to update them both

USBLoaderGX on my setup is a fowarder channel that points to the elf file on my SD, for swyward I think I updated one of the CIOS drivers, I don't remember I done that the day after the game came out

I do only have one WiiMote though with Motion Plus built into it, that being the gold Skyward Sword WiiMote as I actually ordered that game, but I still play it from my HDD, it's just easier than pulling the original out and prevents any damage to the disc... I guess.

I obviously used that WiiMote from the day I got it though I do have external Motion Plus efforts aswell for my 2 other original WiiMotes

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    USBLoaderGX on my setup is a fowarder channel that points to the elf file on my SD, for swyward I think I updated one of the CIOS drivers, I don't remember I done that the day after the game came out
    Ah, that is weird then. I also updated a bunch of CIOS files before attempting to use USBLoaderGX a second time and it still wasn't working, so I tried the one recommended in the same video tutorial I found for the CIOS files. It apparently even has a feature to download cover art for your games straight through the Wii its very nice

EDIT: With a bit more searching I found this; http://www.wiihacks.com/general-home...t-working.html

It describes an issue with a newer model of the WiiMotionPlus remotes with a particular set of homebrew apps, including USBLoaderGX; I'm guessing this is the issue I was having (especially if your gold one is working, we could assume its an older model)
    Last edited by MaslowK; 28th-October-2012 at 03:48.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

USBLoderGX can download covers directly yep, even features 3D covers made from full cover images directly on the wii that have full 360 3D viewing (i.e. you can rotate and move the box anyway you want) it's a nice little touch.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR