Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a .rar a .iso?

Thanks

Default How to make a .rar a .iso?

Title says it all, I am new here and don't really know how to navigate, or where to put this! >.<

So how do I make a .rar, or any file a .iso that I can run on a gamecube emulator?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okay,
    1. .rar is a type of compression (like .zip) so you'll have to extract it with WinRAR (I prefer J-Zip because it opens every compression type)
    2. If the compressed file isn't a .iso file, chances are you'll have to convert the image file (ex. .img) to .ISO
    3. If it is a .iso file than your set =]
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

1. .rar is a type of compression (like .zip) so you'll have to extract it with WinRAR (I prefer J-Zip because it opens every compression type)
    2. If the compressed file isn't a .iso file, chances are you'll have to convert the image file (ex. .img) to .ISO
    If the .rar files give you a .bin or maybe .img or whatever, just rename it to .iso

Currently playing:

GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo Wii
    Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent on PC

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jpad View Post
    If the .rar files give you a .bin or maybe .img or whatever, just rename it to .iso
    It's not always a good idea to rename a file extension. It can sometimes result in a corrupt file. Though chanes are it will probably work under the circumstances given here. There are plenty of programs on the net that can easily convert files for you, like MagicISO and such.

Thanks

So I have these Roms downloaded for Tales of Symphonia, and one of them has an audio issue, and the other one has weird files within weird files... I'll try and elaborate. (Example of navigation.)

Tales Of Symphonia USA-RARE
    >
    Tales Of Symphonia
    >
    CD1
    CD2 (Lets say I click "CD1".)
    >
    rare-sos.rar
    rare-sos.r00
    rare-sos.r01
    rare-sos.r02
    (Same pattern all the way up to 20.)
    rare-sos.sfv

How would I convert all of this to be an .iso that will run on Dolphin?

Thanks
    EP Points

You should be able to just extract the file and it should extract to a ISO or some file readable by an emulator or burnable to CD. I like to test my ISO images. So I mount them with a virtual drive and test them in a emulator. This is actually usually the only way you can play ISO images, though some emulators you can just load up the image without mounting it. Also, files ending .r00, simply highlight them(select all of them), and right click, you should get an option to extract them into one big file.

Thanks

It isn't extracting to a readable .iso... I am trying to work with it all a little bit to make some sense out of it, but can somebody point me toward a good Rom for Tales of Symphonia? None of the ones on Emuparadise are working.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jpad View Post
    I wouldn't recommend renaming it because the file could be corrupt. I would just use a program to convert it

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    It's not always a good idea to rename a file extension. It can sometimes result in a corrupt file. Though chanes are it will probably work under the circumstances given here. There are plenty of programs on the net that can easily convert files for you, like MagicISO and such.
    You beat me to it =P
    Last edited by bigbigbuddy; 18th-March-2011 at 23:45.
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you keep getting an extraction error? The file may be corrupt. You might have to re-download it or download it from another source. If none of the emuparadise sources are working, you could try SOR or a torrent or something.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    It isn't extracting to a readable .iso... I am trying to work with it all a little bit to make some sense out of it, but can somebody point me toward a good Rom for Tales of Symphonia? None of the ones on Emuparadise are working.
    I could search but my chances of succeeding are slim to none because loading a Gamecube emulator on my comp is impossible -.-*

Thanks

There are no errors while extracting it with WinRAR... It just won't become an ISO file... :'(

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried re-downloading it? Otherwise can you share the link to the file?

Thanks

I haven't tried re-downloading it, but I will do that for sure. All of the links on this page title "Tales of Symphonia" or something rather do not work, The link Tales of Symphonia (Europe) Disc 1 does work, but the audio is messed up and it runs at low fps. (It's not my pc, I know that much.)

http://www.emuparadise.org/Nintendo_...ting-With-T/42

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    I haven't tried re-downloading it, but I will do that for sure. All of the links on this page title "Tales of Symphonia" or something rather do not work, The link Tales of Symphonia (Europe) Disc 1 does work, but the audio is messed up and it runs at low fps. (It's not my pc, I know that much.)

http://www.emuparadise.org/Nintendo_...ting-With-T/42
    What version of Dolphin are you using and have you tried checking your graphics and audio plugins to see if it's them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbigbuddy View Post
    I wouldn't recommend renaming it because the file could be corrupt. I would just use a program to convert it
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Yeah, I know that the file can become corrupt. I am not stupid. Just said it since it worked for me before, and the games worked just fine for me

Currently playing:

GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo Wii
    Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent on PC