Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about ESR and ps1 games

Thanks

Default Question about ESR and ps1 games

If I download ps1 games and put them on CD discs can I play them on McBoot?

Thanks

you cant boot ps1 games thru ESR. try psxlauncher elf. i think the download for it is in a sticky round here somewhere..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    you cant boot ps1 games thru ESR. try psxlauncher elf. i think the download for it is in a sticky round here somewhere..
    Can't seem to find anything on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

from what i read it wasnt possible without switching. i wonderd too since i have alot of cd-r laying around

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    from what i read it wasnt possible without switching. i wonderd too since i have alot of cd-r laying around
    If I want to use the switching method how would I go about doing it on a fat ps2 that has mcboot?

Thanks

hmm. well heres the link to it: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...94#post1182194 good luck with it cuz' ive never gotten the darn thing to work

Thanks

looks like all you have to do is use the elf file to swap a ps1 disc and the burnt ps1 disc.

Thanks

yeah ive done exactly what it says but it always crashes the ps1 logo..did you get it to work?

Thanks
    EP Points

As it says on the splash screen when you boot the .elf file, PSXlauncher only works on v9 and newer PS2 consoles. I have both a v11 phat and v13 slim, and it works well on both.

What's the serial number on your PS2, Jake? (It's on the back of a phat, and on the bottom of a slim.) If it's SCPH-50001 or higher, PSXlauncher should work. If it's lower than that, it probably won't.

Another option that works on ANY PS2 is COGSWAP.elf, used with a "slide card" (easily made from a spent gift-card or similar) on a phat, or on a slim with blocked sensors. The only catch is that you need a retail PSone game to swap with your backup.

You should be able to find Cogswap on the forums here. If it's not there, I'll upload mine shortly.

EDIT: You can find COGSWAP.elf in this post...
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=cogswap
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 7th-April-2011 at 18:39. Reason: Link added
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    As it says on the splash screen when you boot the .elf file, PSXlauncher only works on v9 and newer PS2 consoles. I have both a v11 phat and v13 slim, and it works well on both.

What's the serial number on your PS2, Jake? (It's on the back of a phat, and on the bottom of a slim.) If it's SCPH-50001 or higher, PSXlauncher should work. If it's lower than that, it probably won't.

Another option that works on ANY PS2 is COGSWAP.elf, used with a "slide card" (easily made from a spent gift-card or similar) on a phat, or on a slim with blocked sensors. The only catch is that you need a retail PSone game to swap with your backup.

You should be able to find Cogswap on the forums here. If it's not there, I'll upload mine shortly.

EDIT: You can find COGSWAP.elf in this post...
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=cogswap
    So I have a 30001 I need cogswap? I used something like it for when I used the 007 mod.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by piicnyk View Post
    So I have a 30001 I need cogswap? I used something like it for when I used the 007 mod.
    Yup. If you've got some way of running .elf files, and a slide card, you're all set. Run Cogswap, hit eject, place a retail PSone game in the drive. Let the PS2 read your retail game, then use your slide card to swap it with your backup.

EDIT: Upon testing, I've found that Cogswap only works with PS2 games. Disregard this post, please.
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 9th-April-2011 at 18:11.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".

Thanks

the code on its 750001, i thinks thats a v14. ive got a fliptop and seeing as i couldn't get psxlauncher to work i'll give cogswap a shot. i didn't it worked with ps1 games so thanks a bunch if it works.

Edit: sadly, after trying both psxlauncher and cogswap neither work. no idea whats wrong. ive tried three different games now.
    Last edited by Jakethegreat12; 8th-April-2011 at 19:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry (both you guys) for giving you a bum steer, it's been ages since I've used Cogswap.

PSXlauncher should work on a v14. It works perfectly on my v13, here's what I do:

1. Boot into uLaunch.elf with a retail PS1 game in the drive, then launch PSXlauncher from uLaunch.
    2. When the splash screen comes up (black with white text), open the lid (make sure your sensors are blocked, so the ps2 still thinks the lid is closed) and swap for your backup.
    3. Press X and play.

Is this the way you did it, Jake?

Thanks

Alright so lets say I download a ps1 game and use cogswap to play it. Can I use my ps2 memory cards to save the game data?

EDIT: Also when I run cogswap to play a copied ps1 game after I put the retail ps1 game into the drive and it recognizes it I press X and the drive just runs at an extremely high speed and doesn't stop. I think my PS2 is straight up V2 lol.

EDIT2: Also when I downloaded Digimon World 2 it only had a bin file, not a bin +cue file.

EDIT3: HOLY ****. Since my ps2 never read DVD-R before I tried doing the swap with a retail ps2 game and a DVD_R ripped game and it worked!
    Last edited by piicnyk; 9th-April-2011 at 17:10.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    Sorry (both you guys) for giving you a bum steer, it's been ages since I've used Cogswap.

PSXlauncher should work on a v14. It works perfectly on my v13, here's what I do:

1. Boot into uLaunch.elf with a retail PS1 game in the drive, then launch PSXlauncher from uLaunch.
    2. When the splash screen comes up (black with white text), open the lid (make sure your sensors are blocked, so the ps2 still thinks the lid is closed) and swap for your backup.
    3. Press X and play.

Is this the way you did it, Jake?
    well i didnt boot into psxlauncher with the disc already in, when the black and white text came up i put disc one of ff7 in and let it spin. it never stopped spinning after 10 minutes of waiting, i quickly took it out and put it in very quickly and pressed x and for it to say 'not a psx disc!' ive tried with ff9 backup, and harvest moon btn. oh and i burned it using ultraiso on cdr-80's. i'll give it a shot tonight and edit to let you know how it went..

EDIT: ok well i did what you said, heres what happened: i went to ulaunch then went to put the retail psx game then went into psxlauncher then it spun, then stopped so i swapped it with the backup then it went black for a few seconds then to playstation logo then it stopped spinning and the ps2 froze. ive got no idea what happened. could it possibly be the cd's im using? theyre tdk cd-r80's and im only using iso from here.
    Last edited by Jakethegreat12; 9th-April-2011 at 18:26.