Page 159 of 258 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

So, I found an interesting link via Google about an hour ago.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2544489

It's a thread on the Steam forums that keeps track of currently running "indie bundles", ie. bundle sales outside of Steam that contain Steam keys.

Highlights at the moment:
    One bundle containing the Gundemonium collection and Serious Sam 2, if you're into FPS or shmups
    One bundle containing Avernum 4/5/6, Oddworld 1/2, Postal 2, and a couple of other games
    A couple bundles containing games that I wasn't particularly interested in

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So who else thinks Dishonored could end up being pretty cool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZCA6DvtCkY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWKB3naEgl4

I'm liking the stealth gameplay, reminds me of Thief with superpowers. The AI seems kinda dodgy at times, though. Then again, so was Thief 3's AI.
    Yes, oh yes! Getting some Thief/Bioshock/Deux Ex/Half Life 2 vibes from that one. Keeping an eye on that one, I am.

Thanks

I just bought a Wii the other day again. It's like I took a step back in time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hitman HD Collection coming out?

Absolution and an HD Collection containing Hitman 2, Contracts and Blood Money. Lovely!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Yes, oh yes! Getting some Thief/Bioshock/Deux Ex/Half Life 2 vibes from that one. Keeping an eye on that one, I am.
    My body needs this.

Did you see the ME3: Extended Cut endings yet?

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    My body needs this.

Did you see the ME3: Extended Cut endings yet?
    Nope, intend to play it myself and the PS3 version won't be arriving for another 2 days in Europe... But I read some minor stuff and while it does sound better it still seem to mostly suck. I'll get back with a comment once I've seen it!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Nope, intend to play it myself and the PS3 version won't be arriving for another 2 days in Europe... But I read some minor stuff and while it does sound better it still seem to mostly suck. I'll get back with a comment once I've seen it!
    Let the waiting game begin.

That second sentence pretty much summed it up though.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/06/at...sses-surprise/

So Persona 4: Arena is to be the first ever region-locked PS3 game. It was fun while it lasted, guys. Apparently it's okay though, because this is totally a one off, and won't set a precedent to other companies or anything. Yeah. Because one company being able to push through a controversial decision that financially benefits them at the expense of the consumer totally isn't going to make other companies curious.

What I don't get is that apparently it's region locked in all territories, not just the US. The US region lock makes business sense because of the reason Atlus gave, even if it's not very classy behaviour from a company I always respected. But locking even the more expensive Japanese version? That's just a completely unnecessary slap in the face to people who want the Japanese version. Now I have to wait months upon months for a European release. Which I may or may not have to play in English despite speaking the game's native language. I haven't had to do that since about 2004.

Long story short, next generation I'm not trusting any promises that a console is region free, and I'm never buying a European console again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/06/at...sses-surprise/

So Persona 4: Arena is to be the first ever region-locked PS3 game. It was fun while it lasted, guys. Apparently it's okay though, because this is totally a one off, and won't set a precedent to other companies or anything. Yeah. Because one company being able to push through a controversial decision that financially benefits them at the expense of the consumer totally isn't going to make other companies curious.

What I don't get is that apparently it's region locked in all territories, not just the US. The US region lock makes business sense because of the reason Atlus gave, even if it's not very classy behaviour from a company I always respected. But locking even the more expensive Japanese version? That's just a completely unnecessary slap in the face to people who want the Japanese version. Now I have to wait months upon months for a European release. Which I may or may not have to play in English despite speaking the game's native language. I haven't had to do that since about 2004.

Long story short, next generation I'm not trusting any promises that a console is region free, and I'm never buying a European console again.
    Or you can support these people who are trying to make jailbreaking legal.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Additionally, you can opt to not support shitty business practices by not buying P4A at all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Raype For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Additionally, you can opt to not support shitty business practices by not buying P4A at all.
    Logical.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    The funny thing is, I would almost certainly have bought it in Japan during my year abroad, and now I can't. They did this to protect Japanese sales, but they just lost mine. And by the time I'm actually back and it's in stores here, I probably won't care about it anymore. Oh well. I'll just hope that the invariable pumped up version ditches the region locking nonsense. Because let's be honest, this is Arc System Works we're talking about, and one version of a game is never enough.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Eh, I'm not really bothered by this. I understand the reasoning behind it, and think the massive backlash and seething hate this is getting is pretty overblown. Kinda like everything else ever.

Then again, I'm an American, I clearly know nothing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Eh, I'm not really bothered by this. I understand the reasoning behind it, and think the massive backlash and seething hate this is getting is pretty overblown. Kinda like everything else ever.

None of us do

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post

I think it's less that you know nothing and more that it doesn't really affect you. :'D It's hard to get nearly as worked up about something when it doesn't really make any difference to you personally. I wasn't exactly furious back when Xenoblade was looking like it'd be a European / Japanese exclusive either because... like... I had already played it.

I don't know, though. I think it is a pretty big deal to region lock a game on a console that has never been region locked until now. Especially when the reasoning they gave reeks of anti-consumer business practices. And when it... really doesn't cover why it's locked in every territory as opposed to just the US. If they're worried about Japanese people jumping on the cheaper US version, that doesn't explain why they region locked the Japanese one as well. Unless they just want to see Europeans suffer. Which given the history of game localisations here, probably shouldn't exactly surprise me.