Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No music in Street Fighter Zero 3 with epsxe

Thanks

Default No music in Street Fighter Zero 3 with epsxe

I did try to solve this problem before hand and found something about a 'mooby' plugin or something which I have but doesn't seem to fix the problem, it says it doesn't support ISO's.

Basically, I can't hear music in Street Fighter Zero 3. Everything else works fine. I am using an .ISO image file to play it. I am in need of some assistance, please.

Thanks.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

I think you have an audio rip, where the CDDA audio was removed from the game--you can tell if it compresses down to a very small size--but you can try this:

Download Daemon Tools 3.47 from here (it's free): http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/?236
    Make sure you get 3.47, and NOT the newest one.

First, install and configure Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive on your computer. After doing that you should see a small icon in your system tray that looks like a lightning bolt. Right-click on that lightning bolt, choose "Options", and make sure there's a check mark next to "Analog Audio". <--- very important

Now this time left-click the lightning bolt icon, and click where it says "Device ## No Media", then choose the .iso file by double-clicking it.

Now, for ePSXe if you haven't already installed P.E.Op.S. CDR plugin, then get it from here:
    http://www.pbernert.com/html/cdr.htm

And unzip the contents to your ePSXe plugin folder.
    Now open ePSXe by double-clicking it, and click Config > Cdrom > Select P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 > Configure.
    For Interface, if you have Win98 or WinME, then choose W9X/ME - ASPI scsi commands
    For Interface, if you have Win2000 or WinXP, then choose W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands.

Thanks

I have a way to mount images with a virtual drive.

And to clarify I have the .iso file on my computer, I don't play it from my cdrom drive (though I've tried to get the music to work by mounting it and what not)

The file is about 500MB's in size so I do not believe it is music-ripped or whatever it is called.

And... if that's the case do you know where I could find another copy? this one took forever to find (doesn't have to be zero, can be alpha, zero is just japanese version)

I tried the peops plugin and it doesn't seem to work, though there are other settings and I just now tried it once.

Thanks, though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, did you make sure that Sound, XA Sound, and CDDA Sound are all checked under Config > Sound > Configure?

And is it 500 MB when rared, or unrared?

Because if they replaced the CDDA tracks with dummy files (all 0000's or some other character) then the ISO would be the same size as an unripped ISO, but would compress down to a much smaller size when rared.

If SFZ 3 is under 50 MB when rared using WinRar's Best compression setting, then it's a rip.
    Last edited by SegNin; 23rd-July-2007 at 02:47.

Thanks

Yes those sound options are checked, I searched through the .iso and there is an XA folder with about 6 files inside of it, I know nothing of this stuff but I believe those are possible music files? there are a couple other folders and what not but I'm not sure if they mean anything.

Oh, and that was the sized un-rar'd... though I suppose it doesn't matter.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a copy of SFZ III that is an audio rip and it's under 50 MB when rared.

So, try compressing it using WinRar's Best setting, and if it's under 50 MB in size when rared, then you also have the audio rip (probably the same one I have)

Thanks

Damn, alright.

Before I try that, or just try to find another file... Do you know anything about CDR mooby 2 or something like that? there is a marvel vs capcom thread somewhere around (which I can find again and link if you like) where the guy was having the same problems as me with only the music not playing.

The apparent solution was that mooby thing which I got but like I said earlier says it doesn't work with .ISO's or something strange like that. So perhaps I misunderstood.

Anyways, any insight on that?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't use the CDR Mooby plugin.
    I use Daemon Tools instead.

They both do the same thing.

Is CDR Mooby 2.8 the one you're using?
    http://mooby.psxfanatics.com/cdrmooby28win.zip
    Last edited by SegNin; 23rd-July-2007 at 03:06.

Thanks

Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8

Is what it says in the config sound area where you choose your sound plugin.

Thanks
    EP Points

Are you using Linux or Windows?
    Because I gave you the link to the Windows version. of both Mooby and Daemon Tools

Try another game with CDR Mooby to test it; maybe the reason it won't work with SFZ III is because it's a rip.

Thanks

perhaps it only works with .bin files, I tried it with one that's .bin and it worked.

and I'm using windows (edit feature not working for me)

p.s. how can you stand the audio-ripped version?

Thanks
    EP Points

What's wrong with the EDIT button?

And I never play my SFZ III rip anymore.

I still have it because it's one of the first PSX games I downloaded back when I still had dial-up, and didn't know about audio rips, so I burned the rar to CD for permanent storage.

Try downloading Street Fighter Alpha III from here:
    http://bs1.emuxperts.net/?show=indexer&system=ps1

Thanks
    EP Points

Happen to have CD Audio in Mooby2 set to 0?
    Max that bar.
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Help in setting or using ePSXe? Get all the info you need using the ePSXe Configuration Handbook

Thanks

No, I maxed out the volume bar (from reading your reply in an older thread)

It doesn't accept .ISO files... or mine, anyways, the message said doesn't accept ISO then some number files. Perhaps this error is occuring because it is an audio-rip?

edit--
    Oh, and that file is about 295MB large... which is smaller then my un-rar'd file... the download will take about 2 hours and thirty minutes, what do you guys think, think it's audio-ripped? Should I bother?

and the edit feature just stays loading, probably because I'm using Opera.
    Last edited by SegNin; 23rd-July-2007 at 03:42.

Thanks
    EP Points

The one on EmuExperts is not audio-ripped, so get it and you'll definitely have the complete game.

Try using IE or FireFox to edit your posts.
    Last edited by SegNin; 23rd-July-2007 at 03:47.