Thread: video-in PCI cards

Thanks

Default video-in PCI cards

Hello,
    Recently I got myself a PVR card so that I could replace all that I was doing with my TV and VCR combo that broke down on me a couple months ago...

I got myself this model:
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ture=HAUPPAUGE

Everything works fairly well... except one thing:
    Any signal I send to my computer takes a bit less than one second to be displayed (audio and video combined so there is no sync problem)...
    The problem in that is that any game that I try to play on a console will have a delay between the time I use any key and the action that it will do... Meaning I would have to start turning one second before I get to a corner in GT4, ect....

So it's about impossible to play anything that is not turn-based....

Then here is my question: is there a cheap PCI card that can receive coaxial / red-white-yellow wire (dunno the name of the cable, sorry) without any kind of "lag" time till it's displayed?

I don't need a PVR anymore, because I already got one... well two ... I would only need something with a single receiver without any need of recording or processing and would be PCI because I don't want any more stuff laying next to my computer...

Thanks
    EP Points

Do a search on Newegg.com, the best way to determine if there is lag is just to read the reviews. Some ATI cards prove to be alright, and so do certain (other) hauppauge ones. You just gotta read reviews I guess, and spend the little extra.

Thanks
    EP Points

What software are you using?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    Do a search on Newegg.com, the best way to determine if there is lag is just to read the reviews. Some ATI cards prove to be alright, and so do certain (other) hauppauge ones. You just gotta read reviews I guess, and spend the little extra.
    I just checked the reviews on newegg.com and after like 6 pages of reviews, nobody is talking about the lag I am experiencing... checked a couple of the other cards and I didn't see anyone taling about the lag time between input and display....
    Quote Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
    What software are you using?
    I'm currently using MediaPortal
    I tried BeyondTv and SageTv with the exact same results so I've only kept the free one
    I'm thinking of trying to change my OS with Windows Media Center, but I highly doubt that it'll make any difference...

Thanks
    EP Points

Problably not. You might want to try Dscaler, and see if it gives any better results.

Thanks

OMG thanks polo! there is still some very minor lag (not noticeable unless you look for it) but that's a huge improvement!

Between you and God, i think i'll start praying you

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, besides i'm from Quebec too so you can send money thru wire transfer pretty easily, unlike God.