Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to remember a PSX game name, & requesting it :D

Thanks

Default Trying to remember a PSX game name, & requesting it :D

Hey guys, pretty new to this scene, and it seems this is the most popular of the emulation scene, and im glad to be here! ^^ Anyways, I have a question for yah:

I was speaking with a friend on how I liked psycological thrillers/adventure games, and he was saying there was a PSX game that i'd LOVE, however I don't remember the name.

He said the game was a horror game, and the game "Messes with you" by doing crazy things Metal Gear Solid'esque when your paranoia meter (or sanity meter, or something) gets higher. Things such as the walls bleeding, the rooms melting, and even stranger stuff like the controls not responding, and the game making it look like your TV screen just turned off while your hear things attacking you..

I'd like to know the name of this game? I remember it had a really mundane, and boring sounding name that didn't quite seem to fit it too well.

IF anyone knows the name, I also request of a well-seeded torrent, or a site that I could download it or something.

Edit: Im not even sure if it's a PSX game. Me and my friend were on the topic of PSX games, so I could only assume, but im not sure.
    Last edited by BackAlleyPunk; 14th-January-2006 at 20:06.

Thanks

Sounds like Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Reqeum. The game also turned off your TV in the middle of fights, in an attempt to mess with your mind. This game, however, was made for Gamecube, and not the PSX.

Thanks

Upon reading of Gamespot's reviews, I think your right. I guess I just assumed wrongly in thinking it was PSX, Thankyou kindly Hijuda.

Thanks

Think nothing of it

Thanks

i was thinking it was fear effect, cuz it has its horror moments around disc 4, plus there is a fear meter, once it reaches the max you go crazy or something like that. its never reached max for me cuz i always keep my cool.

My Request & Game List

Thanx to the many people in the community of emuparadise, i know have 3 bars of reputation! It says Snake Solid has a spectacular aura about.

Did i say something funny or upload something dat you were looking forward 2 in da post above? Gimme rep by clicking da button on top of my post!

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Dis is Bunny. Copy Bunny in2 ur signature 2 help him on his way 2 world domination!

Thanks

Fear Effect? That may be it too...hmm...I'll check it out!

Greece, where the ancients create Democracy and Olympics!
    Thanks
    EP Points

What about 'Silent Hill'?
    Oh my God! My english's to bad!!!

My uploads! Take a look here.
    Sorry for this. I can't reuploading any game.

Here in Greece, politicians they left us nothing. We lose our proud, our lives, our jobs, our houses... But situation for greeks is just an active volcano ready to explode...

Thanks

yea but i said fear effect cuz it has a built in fear meter which rises when you take damage and when your near an enemy for a long time. Silent hill may be it, but unlucky for me, i was never a silent hill player. the only horror game i ever played was Resident evil 1 about 3 minutes into the game where the zombie is eating the dead officer and it turns and looks at you, and the only horror game i played all the way through was Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. But fear effect might be it. Silent hill could be a good guess too.

My Request & Game List

Thanx to the many people in the community of emuparadise, i know have 3 bars of reputation! It says Snake Solid has a spectacular aura about.

Did i say something funny or upload something dat you were looking forward 2 in da post above? Gimme rep by clicking da button on top of my post!

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Dis is Bunny. Copy Bunny in2 ur signature 2 help him on his way 2 world domination!

Thanks

Silent Hill was the second thing to come to my mind, but his description seemed more fitting of Eternal Darkness (especially the name part). Not to mention I've never played Silent Hill. I'm not big on horror games.

Thanks

Silent Hill has no meters of any kind (dunno about the later ones though). Eternal Darkness is a great game, wether it is the one you search or not try to get ahold of it . Fear Effect I always thought played kinda bad.... it had potential though.
    Current Request: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (US/PSX)
    Current Sub-Requests: Tobal N� 1 (US/PSX)

"People don't complain because they're weak, they choose to be weak so they can complain" ~ Lans Tartare

Thanks

Actually the first thing I thought was Illbleed (Dreamcast) since that entire game focuses heavily on scare meters (your blood pressure, heart rate, etc etc)
    and it's got alotta blood too (a ridiculous amount) and lotsa stuff happens that can scare you
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks
    EP Points

Take a look here some screenshots from 'Fear Effect' and here for 'Fear Effect 2'! This is the game that you asked for?

If this game is for ps2, look for "The Thing" and "Extermination" !
    Last edited by Koutsomoura; 16th-January-2006 at 14:41.

Here in Greece, politicians they left us nothing. We lose our proud, our lives, our jobs, our houses... But situation for greeks is just an active volcano ready to explode...

Thanks

Aha, the game he was talking about was Eternal Darkness, I guess I just got mixed up. Oh well, these are all extremely good games. I really like the look of "The Thing" and I think i'll check 'em out.

Thanks
    EP Points

'The Thing' is a nice game! I have played this but not finished!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koutsomoura
    Take a look here some screenshots from 'Fear Effect' and here for 'Fear Effect 2'! This is the game that you asked for?
    wow looks interesting, never really seen them. Were they only released in Japan or elsewhere, too?

hmmm my tradelist is down and my uploads too, so forget about my sig...