Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cool video games quotes

Mikey_ Guest

well, this really isn't a quote, more like a way of talking. barret in final fantasy 7. i thought he was of talking was kinda funny cuz he was supposed to be the ghetto one of the bunch and somewhat portrayed that. except i think the people in charge of his style didn't do their research completely cuz not all ghetto folk speak that way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    "People's values change over time... blahblah..."

"Jack... or, should I say... blahblah..."
    Dear GOD!!! The Boss was the most annoying character in the whole damn game!! Every time she opened her yap to speak about politics, I felt like yelling "SHUT UP, MOM!!! I GET IT ALREADY!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by crushtacian
    <i>Sigint: Uh, Snake... What are you doing?

Snake: I'm in a box.

Sigint: A cardboard box? Why are you...?

Snake: I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Sigint: Destiny...?

Snake: Yeah. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can't put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I'd found the key to true happiness.

Sigint: ...

Snake: Does any of that make sense?

Sigint: Not even a little.

Snake: You should come inside the box... Then you'll know what I mean.

Sigint: Man, I don't wanna know what you mean! Between you and Para-Medic, is everyone but me that is hooked up with the Major strange!?

Snake: ...

Sigint: Yeah, well, anyway, I suppose even that dumbass box might make a decent disguise if you wear it inside a building.</i>
    LOL!! Now THIS is awesome!!

I never got to hear that, I didn't really have time to call Sigint 'bout every little weapon/item...

Thanks

There are just a ton of good MGS ones. Personally I was always fond of Snake's lines near the end of MGS2:

*Right after typical serious MGS discussion....

Snake : Come on, time to go. If you run out of ammo, you can have mine.

Raiden : You got enough?

Snake : Absolutely.

*Snake points to himself with thumb.

Snake : Infinite ammo.
    "The Pope is GOD to the atheists!" - Rockmangames from GBAtemp
    acne products. it works.

Thanks

I've always liked this conversation from MGS2:

Snake: The cardboard box that you have is ideal for fooling your enemies. It's a very important tool for infiltration missions. Of course. I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box...
    Raiden: You mean everyone's using them?
    Snake: Look. I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devilfruit
    *Snake points to himself with thumb.
    More specifically, he points to his bandanna...

Dunno if you realized that or not -- it's a reference to MGS, for those of you who didn't know...

Hehe, I don't have the text at hand, but that small conversation with Major Zero and ParaMedic about James Bond, right after a savegame call in MGS3 was awesome...

Thanks

Haha, that Snake thing reminded my of The Simpsons episode when Maggie has "Bobo", Mr.Burns teddy bear, and when Homer tries to convince Maggie to return the box in exchange of the bear he kepts it :X

OK, quotes...

[From MGS2] Not exactly

Rose: "When you get back I'm gonna make a delicious dinner for you."
    Raiden[Me ]: "Why don't we go to the Lobster Restaurant that we used to go?"
    Rose: "Lobster?"
    Raiden: "Well...if you don't want to..."
    Rose: "No, it's ok, let's go there"
    Raiden: "Woo ho, Lobster!"

I loved that part

Ah, that and everytime Otacon tries to say some chinese proverbs to Snake.

Now a classic quote:

"Son of a submariner!!!!" Kefka FF VI :X

Thanks

I like the funny ones but, heh, here are some cool ones:

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials." - Amaidar Monk (Arc the Lad)

"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" - Richter Belmont
    "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions." - Count Dracula (Castlevania: SotN)

"People don't complain because they're weak. They choose to be weak so they can complain." - Lans Tartare (Tactics Ogre: LUCT)

and the funny ones:

"You're breaking my heart... But I still got to charge you." - Annie (SaGa Frontier)

"Booze! Booze! Hehe." - Lute (SaGa Frontier)
    Current Request: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (US/PSX)
    Current Sub-Requests: Tobal N� 1 (US/PSX)

"People don't complain because they're weak, they choose to be weak so they can complain" ~ Lans Tartare

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RU RLY?
    Dear GOD!!! The Boss was the most annoying character in the whole damn game!! Every time she opened her yap to speak about politics, I felt like yelling "SHUT UP, MOM!!! I GET IT ALREADY!!!"

LOL!! Now THIS is awesome!!

I never got to hear that, I didn't really have time to call Sigint 'bout every little weapon/item...
    The Boss was the best character in that game f00!

And yeah that conversation is gold. And so is the one when you call Sigint, when not wearing any camo. Another awesome convo is when Snake tells PARAMEDIC that the russian glowcaps recharges his batteries.

Thanks

Smile Best Far Cry quote

If you sneak up on two Mercs and look at them with your goggles you can hear them talking.

Merc 1: Did you hear that some intruder just landed on the island?

Merc 2: That guy had better not come near here or I'll fix his little red wagon!

Merc 1: What did you just say?

Merc 2: I said I'll fix his little red wagon!

Merc 1: Dude, what are you? 200 years old? My grandfather talked better
    smack than you.

Merc 2: Okay,, Then I will rip off his head and defecate down his neck!

Merc 1: Man, cool cannot be taught.....
    Just smile and nod, thats the secret to a happy relationship.

Thanks

"..."

quote by Squall from final fantasy XIII
    he's a quiet cool kinda guy
    -------------
    "Jesus!!"

quote by John Dalton from Unreal II: the awakening
    HAH!
    -------------
    "Hahahahaha... ahahaha *Burp*!"

Quote from whelps in the bars from Baldur's gate
    stupider then the god of stupid

These are the games I'm looking for (PSX)
    ---- <----ME
    ----/|\ <----------------------------
    -----|yeah i'm skinny thin.-------|
    ----/ \------------------------------|
    ---------------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Planescape: Torment
    "An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your *third* wish. What will it be?'"

"'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'"

"'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'"

"'All right,' said the man, "I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to know who I am.'"

"'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'"
    "The tale of Ravel Puzzlewell, frightener of children, begins and ends with a question: 'What can change the nature of a man?'"

"Many were the times she posed this riddle to those who approached her, those who sought to glean from her the strange magics that she alone seemed to possess. All attempted to answer her query, but to no avail... and they found the price of their wrong answer to be some horrible fate, always more terrible than the last victim's. To recount their various torments would be to speak of things that nightmares are woven from."

"The tale strikes me in this way: Ravel herself knew not the answer to this question, but she lusted for such an answer. Only the *why* of the matter remained in question. Why did the nature of a man matter to one of the Gray Sisters, especially of one of such power as Ravel?"

"It is said that she put the question to the Lady of Pain; not directly, but shouted it to Sigil itself, daring for the Lady to answer. When no reply was forthcoming, she wove terrible magics that threatened to open the Cage and let the fury of the Planes roll in like a wave."

"She received no answer other than banishment. To this day, no one knows the answer to Ravel's question... and now there is no one to petition, for Ravel herself is gone, lost to the Planes."
    You see a mid-sized man in long robes of deep black. His hair is neatly coifed and an impeccably trimmed goatee compliments his handsome features. Noticing your arrival, he puts down the book he was writing in and strides confidently over to you, smiling. "Impressive... I must admit, I never thought you would make it this far."

"I'm glad to have disappointed you... are you the one responsible for all the walking dead?

"Who I am is of no consequence to you. What I want is the question that should concern you most." As he speaks, he looks you up and down, as if somehow fascinated by you.

"Very well... what do you want?"

He takes a step back and cocks an eyebrow. "I want... your blood."

"Is that some kind of threat?"

The man starts to answer, but stops himself abruptly. An evil smile spreads across his face and he begins to laugh. "Yes... I suppose it is." He continues to laugh even harder at his own, private joke. You notice that his hands have begun to move at his sides. Slowly, they flit back and forth, tracing intricate patterns in the air.
    So yeah, PS:T is pretty much easily the best there is for game quotes.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

brett88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    The Boss was the best character in that game f00!

And yeah that conversation is gold. And so is the one when you call Sigint, when not wearing any camo. Another awesome convo is when Snake tells PARAMEDIC that the russian glowcaps recharges his batteries.
    sigint's nightmare was pretty funny too.

Thanks

The first two make up what I think to be the two most powerful quotes I've ever witnessed in gaming. They're two halves to the same ideal to show just how similiar the characters are, even if they don't know it

"If god doesn't exist in our world, then...I will create god with my own hands!"

"Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end...I will destroy it with my own hands!

The first quote is Krelian, and the second quote is Lacan.
    <3 <3 that game.

And just for giggle value...
    "That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... take it back! *throw*"

Emissary of Light, Cure Black~! Emissary of Light, Cure White~!

We are Pretty Cure!
    Servant of the Dark Power...
    Return to the darkess from which you came!

Thanks

Doooood I think " Duke Nukem " game's got funny quote like " kick them in the nuts "
    Can't Wait till Duke Nukem : Forever drop ... You know im getting a copy of that.

Thanks

another good quote is from THUG 2 (tony hawk's pro skater 2)

if you can push people down it makes comments like this one

XXX kicked you in the junk

XXX showed you what nad's are for
    stupider then the god of stupid

These are the games I'm looking for (PSX)
    ---- <----ME
    ----/|\ <----------------------------
    -----|yeah i'm skinny thin.-------|
    ----/ \------------------------------|
    ---------------------------------