Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Thanks

I think the next Castlevania leap should be on the Revolution

using the Rev controller as a whip, in first person

Castlevania today isn't selling anyway, and there isn't much to left to do as is.
    Hardcore fans might go nuts, but I'd like to see this change, even if it's a spinoff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    Interesting analysis, how would you like the new Castlevania to be?
    I'd be happy with a quality game based off SoTN style, something with maybe less hunting for weapons though. Sure it was cool to have alot of choice for your equipement, but that was too much back and forth for the weapon collectors like me.
    lol, that's funny you say that cause I'd like the opposite.
    I'd llike to see some Castlevania games stay along the SotN style but with MORE weapons, abilities, familiars and such. Take on more of the adventure/rpg style but really only as extra's, with only a few basic abilities needed to complete the game. I like getting all parts of the map and explore new areas, see what the familiars and abilities can do.

It's one of the reasons I liked AoS a bit more than the other Castlevania games (maybe even SotN but I havn't played that in a while). I liked all the different combinations of abilities you could attach to your guy, how you could change his strengths with certain abilities, make certain special attacks more powerful if you want. The way I remember it seemed a lot more like you had a part in how the main guy developed. The only thing I remember not liking about AoS was the end boss, not because it wasn't Dracula, I just don't like bosses that encompass you like that.

Thanks

COTM is much harder than the other two -- maybe the hardest one in recent years!! It gets points for that... I mean, Healing Items...? Dropped by monsters...? Affected by your LUCK Rating...? WTF choo talkin' 'bout!!

Shinning Armor FTW!!

Thanks

I thought AoS was the best overall Castlevania game yet...

Course...haven't played DoS, so that might change my mind.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RU RLY?
    COTM is much harder than the other two -- maybe the hardest one in recent years!! It gets points for that... I mean, Healing Items...? Dropped by monsters...? Affected by your LUCK Rating...? WTF choo talkin' 'bout!!

Shinning Armor FTW!!
    Pfff, they are all easy. So you fail.

Thanks

I'm not too sure about that... Super Castlevania 4 kicked my ass for awhile.

Thanks

I thought AoS was great when I played it

Thanks

Hrm... I had a tough time with that bastard Slogra (Berigan?) in Super Castlevania 4, now that I remember... But the rest of the game was pretty normal too mee...

Not "Contra III" hard, that is...

Thanks

Dawn of Sorrow...yes....
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks
    EP Points

Hrm... I had a tough time with that bastard Slogra (Berigan?) in Super Castlevania 4, now that I remember... But the rest of the game was pretty normal too mee...

Oh yeah, Slogra don't we all like it him and his spear.
    One boss I hate beating in CS: SOTN is Galamoth. Damn it's so long and boring. And all that static, I hate it.

Thanks

I never really got the whole Castlevania thing, maybe Im playing the wrong versions...I dont know. But, in seriousness, why is the Castlevania series so highly regarded?
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

lol Not many games get as hard as Contra III or Hard Corps.

Also, To Clive... The Castlevania series is very highly regarded because it is like a Progressive Rock album if you mind the connection. It takes a bit to get into. Once you get into it, it's a very deep and immersive experience. Most of the time a hard one too. Also, the NES series is very lackluster to new school gamers so that could be why you don't find interest. I'd recommend sitting down and playing the GBA games for a very immersive experience. Don't treat them like a Mario game. You won't get into them right away.
    Last edited by Mr. Kenney; 5th-January-2006 at 00:16.

Thanks

Eh... I'd say the first few games were pretty sex back in the day (even today, methinks...), so I guess it just stuck with teh gam0rz, or some... I remember the good ol' days, when the stars of the series were men...

Thanks

Yeah. It's definately with the gamers. Because, I still love Dracula's Curse. And if you show that to any of the new school fans they'll puke.

lol Was that last part a diss to Soma? There is one part of Dawn of Sorrow where he goes evil and actually looks like a guy! I'm not even kidding

Thanks

I didn't know Kojima had it in her to draw MEN!!! :O!!

Maybe IGA's been holding her down with that all along... Y'know.... 'Cause he's homosekshual, or something...