View Poll Results: Which are you going for first?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phony Gaystation 3

40 53.33%
  • Microjock Sexbox69

19 25.33%
  • Ninpedo Shitdilution

16 21.33%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: X Box 360 or Playstation 3

Thanks

Try to read medium-small text on that TV.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor
    Try to read medium-small text on that TV.
    I don't think your getting my point. Compare playing a game and just doing regular computer stuff on the TV. There is a big difference the game appears on the screen in a totally different environment. At your desktop or viewing a text file the screen apears to be fuzzy (This is due to the flicker filter) and "medium-small" text is hard to read. When I load up a game though the whole world changes I can read even the smallest text very clearly. This is also the same when it comes to playing movies from your PC to your TV. You have to have an OK PC setup to know what I am talking about. One of the points I am trying to make is that just because the TV's Screen Resolution is limited this does not limit what the hardware can manipulate and output to the TV. Yes an HD-TV may be somewhat crisper and Sharper but they have yet to impress me. The only real drastic change I see is in the Flat Panel TV's size.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a summary of a small hands on review and also some more on why I think the XB360 should not have launched so early (the link to the full article can be found at the bottom of the quote).

Quote Originally Posted by malloc @ Maxconsole.com
    Xbox 360: Back to the Drawing Board

The Firing Squad say After a month with the Xbox 360, I'm ready to talk about all the mistakes that the Microsoft Xbox 360 team made in developing their console. The feedback is designed to be constructive.

quote:
    Mistake #1: Overheating CPU or GPU
    Mistake #2: No MSN Music
    Mistake #3: No HDMI support
    Mistake #4: 20GB is too small
    Mistake #5: Microtransaction Security
    Mistake #6: No Web Browser
    Mistake #7: No WMV-HD DVD Playback
    Mistake #8: No MPEG-4 AVI playback (i.e. XviD, etc)
    Mistake #9: No System-Wide Video Calibration
    Mistake #10: Poor DVD Playback Quality
    Mistake #11: No pressure sensitive face buttons

While this article is focusing on all the problems of the Xbox 360, I'm still having a blast with the system. After adding an additional cooling fan to my unit, it's been perfect, even in the entertainment system. In a way, it is because Microsoft did so well with Gamer Cards, the voice chat, and downloading demos from the Xbox Live Marketplace that these mistakes seem so much more glaring. I know Microsoft can't keep up with demand yet, but hopefully they'll be able to spend some time addressing these mistakes to make the Xbox 360 even better than it currently is.

These guys are absolutely spot on with their 'flaws' for the Xbox 360. Each and every flaw is backed up with solid information, certainly worth a good read over at the firingsquad.com
    Last edited by ToolPunk; 23rd-December-2005 at 02:46. Reason: typo

Thanks

About the blue ray discs, there's one MAJOR reason that hasn't been mentioned yet, high def movies. DVD's aren't the final form of media for movies, we're moving into high definition stuff very soon and there's a war between who will win. DVD's are being replaced by either BRD or DVD-hd, and well, SONY is backing BRD. By incorperating BRD technology into their ps3 you're not only buying a ps3 game machine, but a high def movie player. What this gets SONY is the ability to help BRD get a foothold into the market before DVD-hd does.

Besides, it's always best to add more capability to something if you have the ability to, especially if the cost isn't that crippling.
    BRD might be a bit more expensive at the moment, but in a year they'll be much cheaper, and 2 years, and 3 years, and 4...
    When developers have the ability to fill up 50gigs of space, who knows what tricks and uses they can make for it. Giving developers more freedom is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    And I'd like to point out that the X360 and PS3 supposedly had about the same power, so it the former was a piece of sh*t, the other could be as well...
    But it's pretty obvious that (if Sony has any sense at all) they'll try to watch out for pitfalls that the X360 didn't avoid.
    The jump from the xbox to the xbox360 isn't as large as the jump from ps2 to ps3 will be, which is a huge jump in power.
    so to be fair although they are both supposedly close in power in some forms, the xbox360 isn't that impressive by comparison, but the ps2 to ps3, even if it were a "peice of sh*t" would still be a massive improvement over the ps2, and so welcomed.

... I'm tired, sleepy time.

Thanks

x box 360 is sold out in so many places, but microsoft did the stupidest thing in the world. No fan in x box 360 and did that just so it can be as quiet as possible.
    "Vanity, Not love, Has Been My Folly"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Interesting blurb on the Revolution here. Looks like it's going to be really cheap in comparison to the competition.

Thanks

Its because thy can develop their console more cheaply than their competitors so that can gain money instead of loosing it lik the Xbox 360 is. Also they can start to code their games a lot more quickly off the drawing board since they are using the same sort of design method that they used with the Gamecube so the developers have an easier time with it.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Mikey_ Guest

it had better be cheap compared to the competition! i don't expect to pay over 200 bucks for the revo for my kid nephew nor do i expect to dish out over 50 bucks for its games. especially if said are rehashes of old ones that have been played to death. something tells me, aside from the being able to play roms on the revo and its controller/remote....nothing else about it may be very next generation.

Thanks

If they didn't have Bill Gates backing them. The 360 is going the way of the Dreamcast. So, I'm sticking with my console Sony.

(I love the dreamcast though... I hate Xbox sorry)

Thanks

Well I am getting all 3 and you know why cos I can mofos

Thanks

hardwarewise.. the ps3 is gonna beat the 360 hands down....

id prolly end up gettin the ps3

Thanks

I prefer whichever will have the best software.

At least, that is what I usually say, but I still am unsure about whether or not the Revolution is just a "console that hooks up to a TV," really. I guess it also depends on if the Revolution is an actual, well, "Revolution."

Mikey_ Guest

supposedly the controls are what make it revolutionary and how games will be played using them. also being able to play roms on it. i see ps3 won this one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    supposedly the controls are what make it revolutionary and how games will be played using them.
    Supposedly, but perhaps not quite. If a virtual world headset is introduced and successfully implemented well, it will be a Revolution.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    supposedly the controls are what make it revolutionary and how games will be played using them. also being able to play roms on it.
    Nintendo claims they still have something surprising in store. Who knows.
    Also, due to the expansion port or whatever on the controller, the old control schemes will still be there. You do not get better graphics, but as Nintendo claims, the architechture will be very similar to the Gamecube, so devs won't have to throw old stuff away. That's great, since otherwise you'd have to start from the ground level (Uhh... how do I get this picture on the screen? Ow.). The multi-core methods aren't that much better than single-core solutions, though their combined power most likely makes up for the unpractical coding required to make use of them. But, as you can see, overheating is quite an issue. PS3 has 1+7 CPUs, or what? Fun. It'll either burn or have huge fans that make a lot of noise.

Thanks

Maybe it's just me but I think most of good titles and series will be released on PS3 except for a handful few for X-box360.