Thread: BattleField 2 or Half Life 2

Thanks

Default BattleField 2 or Half Life 2

ok well.. heres the deal..

i want to buy an FPS because i've been playing mmorpg's lately and magic, swords, etc are starting to make me feel all weirdo

I feel like blowing shit up..

-

I downloaded the Battle Field 2 demo last night and i must say it is an amazing game... however! it has many downfalls.

1. Large maps (omfg reminds me of lineage2)
    2. Unbalanced Weapons (sniper wont be able to beat a tank...) or (if ur good with jets, u own every 1 in the game..)
    3. People who hover above your spawn point and jus drop bombs when u spawn.. (annoying!)
    4. knowing EA, it's gonna have heaps of expansions.. which can become annoying.. (pay more money, ppl will move to the expansion or stay on the original which will make it more boring with less people)

-

as for Half Life 2 i havn't played it yet, but alot of people tell me it's great and will have alot of mods later on.. just like the original half life did...

Ive seen basicly every trailer, and many game play vids... it looks amazing

-

what do u think?

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

go with battlefield 2 if you ask me. but just because i didnt get to like half life games at all...

through my teachings you will be enlighted....

Head over to Snes'O'Rama
    SnesOrama is back online guys!
    Come join us @
    SnesOrama Forums

Thanks

Go for Half-Life 2 if you want a great single-player game and two great multiplayer-games (HL2: DM and CS: S) with lots of mods available (and more is coming).

Go for BF2 if you want a bad single-player game and an awesome multiplayer game.

I'd pick HL2 if I where you.

Thanks

If you have a good interne connection and a more then decent card Go for BF:2...if you were deprived of oxygen while in the womb.. go for half life

edit--i have never played hl2 ha so thats why i say bf2
    Last edited by pirates dc; 11th-November-2005 at 16:34.

Thanks

Half Life 2 is way better. And once you start playing counter-strike source you'll be hooked forever. The games a bitch if you suck but when you own it feels so good.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks

Neither,
    Day of Defeat Source is where the moneys at.

Thanks

fuck that, go for painkiller gold edition. Its cheap (got mine for 15) and its graphically beautiful. But those other 2 are ok i guess

Thanks

Half Life 2 is a good single player game. It also runs very well on older systems. Counter-Strike Source is also fun to play but I found it gets boring after awhile because its just infantry fighting.

I like games with vehicles so I like Battlefield better because it has very large maps with planes and tanks.

Both games are good choices. I own both but like battlefield better because I'm more into driving tanks and flying.

Mikey_ Guest

1. Large maps (omfg reminds me of lineage2) -be thankful for those
    2. Unbalanced Weapons (sniper wont be able to beat a tank...) or (if ur good with jets, u own every 1 in the game..) -you actually expect a sniper to take out a tank!?!
    3. People who hover above your spawn point and jus drop bombs when u spawn.. (annoying!) -and cheap. ah, spawn killing. the gayest of the gay in FPS games
    4. knowing EA, it's gonna have heaps of expansions.. which can become annoying.. -it may have some expansions. prolly a bunch of updates too

i'd go with half life 2. i haven't played BF2 yet, but i've played through most of HL2 and thats is an awesome game. sci-fi fps vs military fps...i'm a big military fps gamer, but i have to say HL2.

Thanks

right now im thinking hl2... because i seriously dont like the downfalls for bf2, i know its an amazing game and all, but it can become annoying...

sniper should be able to take out a tank.. they should have given sniper some c4's, i don't see why not.. so u cant beat the tank unless u change job.. and what if u change job and u beat the tank.. but then get owned by a sniper?

as for the jets, not fair how they can jus keep dropping bombs on ur spawn lol, there should be a weapon that can blow them up before they hit the ground with some anti shockwave crap lmao i dunno....

but yeah.. i'll prolly end up getting both but for my 1st buy it'll most likely be hl2
    Last edited by Rekuja; 12th-November-2005 at 04:51.

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego