Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back the 25 posts rule !!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Wilde
    There where many discussions about this subject and there are various reasons why the rule is gone. One of the main reasons is that people will spam as hell if they know that they'll need to reach an amount of posts to download games.

Maybe we should give some new idea's a chance to see the daylight , and find another way to keep leechers out
    It is very easy for someone to say that but they dont have to keep re-uploading games coz someone/something keeps killing them.

but If there is a better method by all means enforce it.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

if they dont know that they get here after 25 posts it should cause no spam.

Or here is a idea im just going to throw out may sound crazy and could do some work should, Maybe for around i dont know a few downloads a person should need to upload 1 file back to share back since links die, although i dont know how anything like this would work some sort of credit system and such but its worth a thought
    Last edited by jimmyleet; 2nd-September-2005 at 11:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    You dont understand mabye... Lots of us uploaders have had our links killed in the last few days.
    I did mention it in the YSI comments thread, but the FM3 parts 11-12 were down BEFORE I posted them in the links thread. When I finished uploading, I sent the links in a PM, and got the reply that they were down. So it's a pretty small chance someone is actually killing the links, since it the above case it would mean MasJ only.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,313 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Hmm, the 25 post rule does have some good points, but it does have bad points too. As Skinner mentioned it will cause some members to spam just to try and and get in, and excellent members like RocSqualie would be blocked Plus potential good users wouldn't even know there are kickass forums here, as when the 25 post rule is in effect they can't see the hidden subforums. I'm sure many of the good posters/traders that are members here joined just to participate in the trading post/BT forums. Hiding stuff from newbies like that just hurts the forums in the long run

Also, it is possible some asshole is going and deleting YSI links. But getting 25 posts wouldn't stop somebody like that :\
    Last edited by Ragnar; 2nd-September-2005 at 11:59.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

I totaly agree that there should be a kind of protection for the links but it's hard to make an effective protection.

A password protected area could be an option but hard to enfore because who can get access and who don't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    I did mention it in the YSI comments thread, but the FM3 parts 11-12 were down BEFORE I posted them in the links thread. When I finished uploading, I sent the links in a PM, and got the reply that they were down. So it's a pretty small chance someone is actually killing the links, since it the above case it would mean MasJ only.
    yes i rember

I did say tht it is not definate that someone is doing it. Since only parts of games are getting killed. eiter way I can see this not happening since people think that it has bad points too.

But I am still in favour for the other reasons. although 25 posts isnt hard to get, so people could still get away with it.

Thanks

at least login to see the trade-forum?! note that the active member list is not even high,,, but this will disable spider crawling that trade room. or unless forum has set various spider an account. but then doing this will endup cache of links.
    Last edited by hayato1; 2nd-September-2005 at 12:03.
    [My Wish List] [PSX] Hikaru no Go
    [SLPM-87199] Graduate Student Battle | ヒカルの碁~院生頂上決戦~

My Collections of Toys, Games, Anime-DVD and about me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hayato1
    at least login to see the trade-forum?! note that the active member list is not even high,,, but this will disable spider crawling that trade room. or unless forum has set various spider an account. but then doing this will endup cache of links.
    You have to be logged it to view trading post.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by hayato1
    at least login to see the trade-forum?! note that the active member list is not even high,,, but this will disable spider crawling that trade room.
    It is only accessible to registered members. Log out and see for yourself.

I'm not really in favor of the 25 post rule, because of it's spam-generating nature. Then again I'd ban anyone who doesn't even try to make a coherent, understandable sentence in his/her first post. There are too many unnecessary threads going about a topic that has been mentioned a million times, but NO, people refuse to use the search function or even read the rules.
    There should be an IQ filter that auto-banned everyone with an intelligence below that of an average dog.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    There should be an IQ filter that auto-banned everyone with an intelligence below that of an average dog.
    LMAO that would be impossible to enforce, not to mention mean to those less fortunate.

Thanks

Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

The only thing I can think that might be a problem is people might not stick around if they don't see this part of the forum(as it's one of the busiest on this forum). It would be good if maybe when people signed up they would be let known about this rule, or possibly have a message put somewhere on the top of the forum pages.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

The more they know , the more they leech

Thanks

Most of the ones that wouldn't stick around are the ones that sign up and
    immediatly go "GimmeGimmeGimme!!!!".....

Can't we just protect the links somehow????
    My Trade List (Updated: Jan 24, 2007). Now Taking Requests.

This is teh Intarwebz...We care not for Copyrights!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman
    In case you dind't noticed , we are debating about that as we speak.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,313 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by woodman
    Yes, limit the links to PMs. They'd be 100% secure that way. Really it wouldn't be all that much work, just save a text file with the links, and when somebody PMs you for the links you just copy them to them. You'd have to make a clear PM only notice in the links thread though
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here