Thread: Custom Painting PS2 peripherals?

Thanks

Default Custom Painting PS2 peripherals?

I just purchased a PS2 Light Gun, you know for games like Time Crisis and such. The picture on the box showed a black gun, but when I got home and opened the box the gun actually turned out to be GREEN. Now I don't want to take the gun back because it took me nearly 3 hours to get to the store that sells Light Guns, and the ammount of walking I had to do was insane. So my question is, what would be the easiest way to paint the Light Gun BLACK without damaging it or breaking it? Would spray paint do the trick, or perhaps something else? Any help is appreciated thanks.

Heres a picture of the gun for anyone who can help.

Thanks

I don't know about your question, but I don't know if it's just me, but the gun's picture on the box DOES look green, just a little darker due to it being a printed image I guess.
    My PSX/PS2 Trade List Want something I got? PM me!

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell a toy gun that looks real.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably best to wait and see what others say, but I'd have thought spray paint would be alright. Can you remove the casing easily? That's probably the safest way to do it. Otherwise just be very careful not to get paint into any of the holes or the infra-red thing. If you take care with it you shouldn't have any problems. Borman should be able to give you more information if he sees this thread, he's fairly adept at this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mazoboom
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell a toy gun that looks real.
    Since when were real guns painted bright green with D-pads on the front?
    Last edited by Cosmic; 4th-August-2005 at 13:58.

Thanks

He means if they look real. Like being black. Our gamestore also got sued cause we had a replica beretta as a lightgun...so yeah
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks

Yeah, they have to be some outlandish color because otherwise you get shot by the police. Or at least that's what they think will happen.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, if you want, you could buy one of the many Japanese light guns, they are usually black. Doesnt hurt to have 2 (I have 3...lol).

Now, ive never taken a light gun apart, so if you do, be extremely careful. If you are to paint it, taking it apart is a must. Get all the screws out, taking pictures along the way if you have any chance you wont remember how to put it together again. Get each part seperated that you possible can, including the trigger and any other little pieces. Then to 2 or 3, maybe a little more, light coats of black paint, allowing it to dry between coats. Then do 2 or 3 light coats of clear coat to help protect it. The key word is being light. Be patient, and it doesnt hurt to do 10 extremely light coats instead of 2 heavy coats.

That being said, I have no clue how the internals work with the light gun, so be sure to get it together exactly how it was before. If in the US, Krylon Fusion paint works good on plastics with no primer or sanding, and drys fast. Color selection can be limited, but since it seems you want to do black, you should be fine.