Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Final Fantasy Game?

Thanks

I've only played FFVII and FX so far, even though right now I'm looking for more FF games to play.

So I don't really have much of a decision but FFVII as the best FF game, that is, until I play some other ones.
    If you can read this.. scroll up so you can read my post instead.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    Is this FF3, or FF6, the one with Kefka, Terra/Tina and those guys? Because I don't know about 3, never played it, but if it's a classic, I definitely will.
    in the U.S. its final fantasy 3. the one with kefka. i loved it, still do.

Thanks
    EP Points

my favorite is a tie between FFVII and FFT.

Thanks

Though I have played some of the FF games it's hard to decide
    which one is the best, but unlike others I'll go with FFIV...
    (the one where you play as Dark Knight who become Paladin )

Thanks
    EP Points

The only Final Fantasy's I'll even touch are Tactics and 3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by St. Elmdor
    Question: Have you played FFVI?

Yes, if you bothered to read other posts of mine, I talk about how FF6 is way better than FF7 and that FF7 is overrated, But you can't just say that the storyline isnt very good in FF7 or FF8. FF7 has a someone hard storyline to follow. But if you do follow it like someone else said, its pretty good. Maybe you should replay it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon
    Yes, if you bothered to read other posts of mine, I talk about how FF6 is way better than FF7 and that FF7 is overrated, But you can't just say that the storyline isnt very good in FF7 or FF8. FF7 has a someone hard storyline to follow. But if you do follow it like someone else said, its pretty good. Maybe you should replay it.
    Interesting story, with a few twists, yes, but I feel that the "evil guy trying to destroy the world" is far too clich�. I can't really understand what's motivating Sephiroth, so in my opinion he's just another bad guy that was born to be evil.

Thanks

I am not afraid to say that I liked FFX. I found that it was just very enjoyable.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Personally I like FFV the best, having so many classes just made it fun for me. Or I guess I could go with FFVI because it had a lot of different characters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
    I am not afraid to say that I liked FFX. I found that it was just very enjoyable.
    I would have liked FFX if there weren't so many damn cutscenes.. I just want to play the game, I don't want a 25 minutes cut scene and then walk forward and go thru the door and then, Oh look another cutscene. Thats mainly why I hated it, thats also why I refuse to replay Xenosaga. Even though I like that game.

Thanks

Final Fantasy II (not the SNES one). It's the first one where levels did not mean anything, in fact, there were no levels. You get stronger depending on your actions in battle.

Final Fantasy VIII. It's the second one where levels meant nothing. The story wasn't the greatest, but the Junctioning system was.

Thanks

I would have to say final fantasy 7 and final fantasy X

Thanks

My favorite would be Final Fantasy 6 but I also enjoyed FF, FFIV, FFT, FFTA, FFX, and FFX-2.

Thanks

I'm gonna have to argue with you guys. FFX is a huge fail, they try to make the plot complicated but it only backfires making it really stupid. And the plot is summarised as defeat and evil villian and bring peace to the world anyway. Also the over dosage of FMV and cut scenes make this game mostly like a movie. The levelling up system is hugely flawed and not exactly fun to use at all. The game is somewhat easy with only a few bosses or enemies actualy providing a challenge. The characters are not at all interesting. Tidus is a pansy, Auron is the cliched cool guy, and so on. There a huge amount of flaws everywhere. Keep in mind I'm not saying I don't completely hate it or anything, its just an RPG with huge flaws which ruin it.

im nowhere, but at the same time im everywhere. I am but an enigma in this world
    Thanks

for me it is no doubt FF VII. It has one hell of a story, also i love the chocobo breeding. But i enjoyed 5, 9, and 10. But my favorite just has to be 7. I despised 10-2 and am thinking about selling it. Even though I did get it as a present.

Thanx a lot to DSerge for this sig.