Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 modding

Thanks

Default PS2 modding

Anyone know the best way to modify i ps2 to play backups
    "The Champ is Here"

Thanks

best way? obviously the best and most efficient way is to buy a modchip.

Thanks

i saw on a site where you can buy something that doesnt require you to use a mod chip
    "The Champ is Here"

Thanks

Forget modchips. Go with a HDD! Check this old thread out

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dude, that's way too much work. Plus, you need to invest in quite a bit of gear to make it work. It's easier to just buy a no-solder mod-chip and install that summabitch.

Thanks

I like Swap Magic personally. It may be a bit of a hassle to swap before every game but its not that bad at all. I love it.

Thanks

I would suggest you to get a Modchip. Get a DMS4 Lite or get a DMS4 Pro if you're rich

Anyways, modchips ROCK. I got a Magic V 50k onboard my Pal v9 PS2 and it plays EVERYTHING i throw at it (touchwood).

PS: If you decide to get a modchip, get it installed by a PROFESSIONAL MODDER in your area who installs modchips. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF. You can seriously fuck up your PS2 if you dont' know what you are doing.

Edit: Check out this website for more info on modchips and which are the good ones and how to stay away from the FAKE CLONES. That is one of the best PS2 dev sites....

http://www.ps2newz.net/index.php?

Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 5th-July-2005 at 01:32.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zer-0_Divide
    best way? obviously the best and most efficient way is to buy a modchip.
    I don't think so.

Swap Magic is better in my opinion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are a lot of games out there that need fixes to work with the Swap Magic, as well as games that just won't work at all. You can usually get around that with a program called DVD Loader, but it's not a catch-all solution by any means.

Really though, for ease of use, it's a Mod-chip all the way. I never really realized how limiting the Swap Magic was until I got one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    There are a lot of games out there that need fixes to work with the Swap Magic, as well as games that just won't work at all. You can usually get around that with a program called DVD Loader, but it's not a catch-all solution by any means.

Really though, for ease of use, it's a Mod-chip all the way. I never really realized how limiting the Swap Magic was until I got one.
    I love my swapmagic, I just used it to play GTAA, because I'm a cheapass and refused to buy it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's certainly not a bad alternative to a Mod-Chip, but like I said, it's not a perfect solution by any means.

I'd suggest he go with the Swap Magic only if he finds chips to be too expensive, or he can't find anyone to install it for him (Though the no-solder chip is so easy to install that even a retarded monkey could do it...).

Thanks

It's certainly not a bad alternative to a Mod-Chip, but like I said, it's not a perfect solution by any means.

I'd suggest he go with the Swap Magic only if he finds chips to be too expensive, or he can't find anyone to install it for him (Though the no-solder chip is so easy to install that even a retarded monkey could do it...).
    Ya, I suppose the xbox soft mod puts the mod chip to shame but in this case the hard mod prevails.

Thanks

Though the solderless ones are only good for version 5-11 ps2's, and recently v4. Mine's a v1 and I can't use one.

Thanks

Yes. Modchips ROCK especially some of the newer ones that have the "flash upgrade" thing in them. That way even if some of the companies apply newer antimodchip stuff (example Codebreaker v9), you can ALWAYS flash your modchip to a newer firmware, which in turn will enable you to play those games

Also, that so totally eliminates the need to hack and slash your games (ie., apply patches and shit and reburn them and stuff like that). Just burn a copy of the original, pop it in, and ROCK ON
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 4th-July-2005 at 12:00.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah the no-solder chip is the best option, I dont use it but seems to be easy to install it. I use the swap trick myself and its not that limiting, you'll only will have probs with the DVD9 games mostly and there are not many of them, but yeah its a hassle to do the swaps the first times till you get used to it