Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Which next-gen console are you looking foward to next?

Thanks

Yes. Dave is Lord.

Funny, haven't seen that shit since a long time ago (NES days and such)...

Thanks

The Revolution looks neat from what we know so far. I heard it has backwards compatibility for all their systems(minus GBA-DS I think it was).

I've never really been intrested in XBOX. I'm not much into most of the games and I'm more of an RPG fan. I can play most of them on PC since they're ports(at least the ones I'm intrested in). So XBOX360 doesn't really spark my intrest to much(at least yet).

I like Playstation, I have both PSX(well I gave it to my bro)and PS2 so I'll be getting a PS3 for sure(probably wait 'til the price drops and all design flaws are worked out...we all know sony).

I think I'm looking forward to Revolution the most even with the little info we have on it. I love my DS and I'm sure Nintendo will follow suit and keep with the originality.

I want a PSP too .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd love to download N64 ROMs and play them competently on my TV at a nice framerate. Yeah, my N64 is still set up on my TV, but its blurry and shit compared to emulators.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If Nintendo really give us the possibility to play with all their NES/SNES/N64 games and not just a few of the most representives, then Revolution will be a must have for me.
    The PS3 will have most of the franchises I love, so I'll have to buy it, no hurries tho.
    And XBox360... well, I've only seen one game that I liked (PGR3)... but i'm sure there will be more soon.

Thanks

Of course, all these systems have the power to emulate older systems by just about everybody. While the Revolution will have these emulators built in, I'm sure people will write 'em for the other systems. I'm expecting that the next generation will look kind of like this one: Sony in Number 1, Nintendo in Number 2 and M$ in a close 3rd.

Thanks

no nintendo is always on top then sony then microsoft sry that just how it is
    <embed src="http://www.aborman.com/sigs/mariosig.swf" width="425" height="150">

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah because obviously the Gamecube was more sucessful than the PS2... :/
    I want all three, the one I'll get last will be the PS3 though. Pricey.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Yeah because obviously the Gamecube was more sucessful than the PS2... :/
    I want all three, the one I'll get last will be the PS3 though. Pricey.
    Agreed. I'm starting with the Xbox360. I'm still too damned skeptical about the revolution's controller. If they do this uh, NintendoOn thing, how would you play non-3D games like SNES and shit?

Thanks

dude nintendo will make it work after they have always had the best controllers
    <embed src="http://www.aborman.com/sigs/mariosig.swf" width="425" height="150">

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nes_warrior
    dude nintendo will make it work after they have always had the best controllers
    Dual Shock 2.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks
    EP Points

Currently Im thinking PS3, but I'm rather intregued by the Revolution and I quite want to see what Nintendo are hiding exactly.

The xbox 360 isnt an option for me, Microsoft don't make consoles.

I'm hoping that the PS3 will accept the old DualShock 2 controllers (as Skinner was mentioning, and in my opinion the best game controller about). I don't much like the look of the 'funky dildo' PS3 controllers.

Anyone who hasn't seen the PS3 in-game videos should go to gamespot and stream/download them. I'm thinking the pure power of the PS3 will be incredible to play with. It even supports dual HDTV output. *drool*

edit: forgot to mention that I expect with this new generation of consoles PCs will lag behind for games for a good while, if the consoles provide nice controls for FPS games like the option of keyboard/mouse I think consoles may be completely on top for games.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    Currently Im thinking PS3, but I'm rather intregued by the Revolution and I quite want to see what Nintendo are hiding exactly.

The xbox 360 isnt an option for me, Microsoft don't make consoles.

I'm hoping that the PS3 will accept the old DualShock 2 controllers (as Skinner was mentioning, and in my opinion the best game controller about). I don't much like the look of the 'funky dildo' PS3 controllers.

Anyone who hasn't seen the PS3 in-game videos should go to gamespot and stream/download them. I'm thinking the pure power of the PS3 will be incredible to play with. It even supports dual HDTV output. *drool*

edit: forgot to mention that I expect with this new generation of consoles PCs will lag behind for games for a good while, if the consoles provide nice controls for FPS games like the option of keyboard/mouse I think consoles may be completely on top for games.
    Some of the current generation console games allow for keyboard-mouse use. How it all works out as far as gaming ease and shit is out of my range, but I know that some games support it.
    I only saw the Final Fantasy VII tech demo so far. I have to go and check some more if I want to be kept in the know.
    And if the PS3 doesn't have some sort of ability to use the Dual Shock 2s, which I don't think is possible, it will lose early on in the race until they do bring them back. No one wants to use that ugly ass controller.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brit
    If they do this uh, NintendoOn thing, how would you play non-3D games like SNES and shit?
    Well, there's the ports on the side of the box which let you use GCN controllers...

And if they controllers really ARE revolutionary, you won't have to worry about it, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    No one wants to use that ugly ass controller.
    Believe me, a lot of people will...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I want to use the PS3 controller.

Thanks

See...?

Any chance SONY had to hurry a new design for their controller, given the recent problems associated with the Dual Shock's rumble technology...?