Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFIX extraction

Thanks

Default FFIX extraction

Hi
    I'm having a problem extracting FFIX disk one. Part 1 seems to be different from normal .exe files. All other disks seem to work fine. When I open part 1 to start extracting, it says "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
    Also, the icon for part 1 is a blank Windows "window", and not the usual WinRAR "box of books". Could someone please help me?

Thanks

Do you have an anti-virus program? There might be that fake virus in that file and your AV program is restricting access to that file it thinks it is infected with a virus. If you have an Anti-virus program, try disabling the real-time scanning and try the file then. You might also need to re-download the first part again when the scanning is disabled.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Nope, it still spastic. And won't open.

What I need to know is if anyone else is having the same problem. Because if they do, it would just be a matter of waiting for the file to be fixed. I wouldnt want to be waiting for that to hapen only just to find out its because there is something wrong with my computer which prevents access. So if anyone has a spare hour on their hands, or they are obout to get disk 1 soon, then please let me know if anything goes wrong.
    ta
    Last edited by Blue Horizon; 13th-April-2005 at 08:17.

Thanks

No one can help me?
    Man I hate the mobile ringtone industry. It might be worth a few million dollars but hell, its driving me mad! Damn crazy frog...

Thanks

Have you tried re-downloading the file? I tried and for me the part 1 of disc 1 seems fine.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

I'v tried sevral times, but I'l try just for the sake of it again.

Hmm... this time it allmost finnished downloading (99%) and it said "Cannot copy ff9d1(1). The source file may be in use." and then all I could do was close or cancel.
    Any ideas?

oooh i supposed to use an ftp...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It wont open...

OK... So I dont have permision to access.... where could I go to get permision?
    Last edited by Blue Horizon; 22nd-April-2005 at 09:13.
    Man I hate the mobile ringtone industry. It might be worth a few million dollars but hell, its driving me mad! Damn crazy frog...

Thanks

You can't use FTP client. I downloaded the file and it worked fine. You still have to be using some real-time protection of an anti-virus product for it to complain that the file is in use.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

How do I check for any real-time protection and how do I disable it? VET seems to be the only obvious one and I simply closed the programs for it by using ctrl+alt+del.

I just got an idea: Burn the file on to a disc and extract it on a friends computer. But I'm not sure this wil work because I might not be able to coppy the file.
    If I cant copy the file meybe I could burn it as it downloads? I doubt that is posible but I need others oppinions.
    Last edited by Blue Horizon; 23rd-April-2005 at 03:20.

Thanks

Default CRC Error with ff9 disk 2.exe

When i try to extract disk 2 (that i downloaded from Emuparadise's PSX ISO section) i get a CRC error and it will not extract and compile files at all the first one errors and its like a chain reaction on the rest of them im downloading the EXE file again to see if maybe the first time i downloaded something went wrong during download i will post back when i've tested. until then let me know of some other solutions for this problem thanks.

Thanks

CRC errors, as far as I know, can't be fixed. You will just have to report it and wait for masj to fix it.

Thanks

But the links and all files are Ok.
    I've downloaded them from EP without problems.
    I was using Interenet Explorer's default downloader.

BTW: There were no CRC errors with FFIX files. (all of them are allright)
    You may have enabled "Autorepair infected files" function in your AntiVirus
    Software and that damages those files.

Thanks

i don't use an anti-virus, lol i used flashget through mozilla foxfire's flashgot <-- kind of confusing but anyways i set them all in schedule but when the second disk files finished i went to extract them but i got a CRC error on all of them but i tried reinstalling just the first file to see if maybe that one corrupted the rest cause it started with it but when it finished it worked fine but once it got to the second file CRC error and the rest followed.

Edit: btw i download the first disk the exact same way and i had no problems at all and i even played through the first disk and all just fine but disk two isn't wanting to comply with my very special needs lol.
    Last edited by ibanezrg220b; 24th-April-2005 at 11:49. Reason: last thought

Thanks

Hmm. I was just wondering that FlashGet is a download accelerator.
    If it's working like DAP (split the file into 4 simulateous download
    to speed it up) it might be the best solution to download it without FlashGet
    enabled.
    As you may know there is a limit set that you can download only one file
    at time from EP and if your dl accelerator try to split the file into 4 downloads
    it may end at file corrupting.
    I don't know if it's the case but I've read on other forums that it's possible.

Thanks

oh well thats what i figured when i posted that last post of mine so i started downloading the first one with just my regular downloader im just crossing my fingers.
    but still doesn't explain why the first disk worked cause i downloaded it the same way as i did the second disk it just doesn't make any sense.

Thanks

Yes it's weird cause I've downloaded many ISO's and ROMS from EP
    and all of them were good and working properly.
    (I mean were downloaded without any errors)
    Maybe it's due to many poeple downloading at the same time that makes
    the files corrupted (MasJ fixed this by setting download limit) but it still
    might be the case.