Thread: Suikoden 2 from Emuparadise seems to be "broken"

Thanks

Default Suikoden 2 from Emuparadise seems to be "broken"

Hi everybody,

I'm a french guy.So,forgive me my bad english.
    I got a problem with suikoden 2.I downloaded it from emuparadise.org and burned it on a cd with Alcohol.With epsxe, the game works fine(i played with the cd i've burned).But when I put the cd in my psx(I use the swap method) the logo of Konami appears correctly but then nothing.The cd runs very fast but nothing on my tv screen.
    So i search from where the problem comes.I scan the image file of suikoden 2(downloaded from emuparadise) with Pal4U and the program tells me "bad sector header".Is this the origin of my problem?

I 've also downloaded Chrono Cross from emuparadise and it works perfectly on my psx and in epsxe.
    So, does emuparadise re-upload the suikoden 2 iso?

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks

Get your Suikoden II from EP Bittorrent tracker this one works perfectly and as far
    as I know it's errors free

BTW: Suikoden II from EP have problems but I know only about bad videos...

Thanks

Hm. I think I've seen some discussion about problems with Suikoden 2 here. Try CDmage to check the iso (thanks Zorlon for pointing out this program) and tell us what it says.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

maybe you need a mod chip in ur psx...

My Trade List (Not up-to-date)
    I'm a math teacher, so let's plus the bed, minus the clothes, divide the legs and multiply the joy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micral
    maybe you need a mod chip in ur psx...
    Well he uses the swap-trick and was able to boot the game fine, so a mod-chip won't solve his problem. I think he just needs another Suikoden II iso.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's not always true. I've run into a few cases where burned games won't run properly with the swap trick, but work fine on a modded system. Suikoden II just might be one of those games.

Thanks

Default Results

At first,thanks for your help.
    Now the result of my investigations:

I tried 3 softwares:
    *CDmage(indicated by GODJonez)
    *Pal4U2000(a program to convert iso ntsc to pal or pal to ntsc.This program scan like the others the image file)
    *Isobuster

Results:

*CDMage
    I tried to open the bin file i've unrar.So File-->Open CDIMage file-->M2/2352 track(*bin,...)
    First error of CDMAGE:File lenght doesn't match with sector boundary.
    F**k off!
    I use Iso buster to create a bin and a cue file(Extract CD image) with my original bin file.I re-open CDMage, and open the cue file(open cdImage file-->CdrWin..).It works.I make a scan corruption.Result-->Image has no errors
    Very strange.....I decided to make another scan with PAL4U 2000.

*PAL4U 2000
    I open the prog.Then I open my original Suikoden2.bin and put the button "find seq".Scanning....
    Result-->Bad sector header,unkown sector format.To finish I used Iso buster to scan my bin file.

*Iso buster
    I load my bin file.I make a right click on the red icon "iso".Then i select "Check if all files are physically readable".Scanning....
    Result-->Following files are located on locations that are unreadable.
    Extracting them might prove difficult and the resulting files may contain errors.

\CDROM\300_MOVI\DEMO5.STR
    \CDROM\300_MOVI\DEMO6.STR
    \CDROM\300_MOVI\KONA5OLD.STR
    \CDROM\300_MOVI\KONAMIC5.STR
    \CDROM\300_MOVI\LOOP.STR
    \CDROM\300_MOVI\OP_US.STR
    \CDROM\300_MOVI\ROCK.STR
    \CDROM\300_MOVI\_KONAMIC.STR
    \ZZZ.STR

I try to extract the iso.Right click "Extract iso".Result-->SECTOR 206011 couldn't be read.Error 05/63/00.But also sectors 206012,206013,....

By way of conclusion and according to me the suikoden 2 bin file from emuparadise is corrupted.I think i will follow the advice from marcos_20(suikoden 2 from ep bittorent).
    So if you have other ideas for my problem or you don't "share" my opinion, please reply.
    Last question: nobody from the forum tried to burn the suikoden 2 bin file downloaded from emuparadise and got the same problem when he put the game in the psx?

Kind regards