Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help please

Thanks

Default need help please

i need help, when i download Harvest Moon for Girls (j) for psx it asks me for a password and a username.. can i have them ??? please btw i use DAP to download .. thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sorry, but you can't use Download Accelerator Pro to download the files from Emuparadise.
    DAP use a special file handling technology, it cuts each file in multiple parts. Emuparadise only accept 1 connection per IP, each part use 1 connection, thus it gives an error (asking for the password several times, maybe even asking for it 10 times in a row). :\

Personally, I use FlashGet when I want to download big file from websites or when I want to make a "queue". You can control the way it get the files, like only making 1 connection by website, and downloading only 1 file at the time from that website. And obviously, you can resume with this download manager. I used this to download everything I wanted from EP.
    Last edited by polobunny; 4th-February-2005 at 01:27.

Thanks

well i downloaded FFO and Metal Slug X with DAP and it worked fine, only Harvest Moon for girls and Harvest Moon Back to nature asks for pass word

Thanks
    EP Points

This is a bit weird then, i'll try and see myself.
    Does the download works fine when using your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc)?

Edit->I tried, and the download doesn't even work with my browser. I guess the link is dead, it could be a good idea to notify MasJ. (Admin)
    Last edited by polobunny; 4th-February-2005 at 01:31.

Thanks

yea i know, i cant download this file with normal IE, thats why i used DAP but it asks a pass.. and isend a email to masj and another ''admin'' but they never answer me

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sorry they don't answer you, but all of them are always really busy. I'm sure though if you have patience they will look into this.

Thanks

hay are you from EmuV2

Thanks

I love Firefox and it's built in Download Manager

And you better actually look at the downloads page. Tells you the pass and username right there.
    Spirit. In every language in all the realms, surface and underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away.
    This I must believe
    - Drizzt Do'Urden, Exile

Thanks

its not that user and pass i need, get download accelerator and try download Harvest Moon with it, it'll ask you for a pass and its not the same as roms on the website

and yeah, im from emuv2

Thanks

try to use flashget. u can choose how simmulation connections u need. and if u need adding/searching mirrors

Thanks

The only problem was that the link was somehow messed up. Trust me. Other downloads he tried went well, it was just this one that didn't work, propably because it pointed to directory or a file that doesn't exist. That makes the server to say that the user doesn't have rights to access it and DAP then wisely asks for new username and password. Unless you know the admin username and pass, it won't go anywhere until the link is fixed. Period.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

oh.. ok.. then would anyone be nice enough to tell me how to download with smartftp ??? please...thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harvest_666
    oh.. ok.. then would anyone be nice enough to tell me how to download with smartftp ??? please...thanks
    Don't know if I'm nice enough but I can tell you that to download this
    file with SmartFtp is to give it direct link to the file (cause the server does
    not allow file listing).

And the only one to know the current direct link to that game is one of
    the Admins most probably.

Sorry I couldn't be much of help

Thanks

If you want to download from EP, please use only your Internet browser. Any external program will likely make up some problems because of the anti-leech system used here.

I now checked the link for Harvest Moon. Both HM's (back to nature and for girls) direct for an FTP that is not the one EP is hosting. That's why the username and password don't work. I don't know what FTP's those are and what is the pass to access them. MasJ should check those links out.

EDIT: More detailed check:
    The file link Harvest Moon For Girls directs to a German mail server. WTF? I recall that IP sometime belonging to EP, when I joined here. Now the IP for EP's server starts with 70, this one started with 194 (not giving full details to maintain privacy, you can find out the detailed addresses yourselves) So I guess that the link is way outdated.

EDIT2: Here is the corrected link (made it myself and it works
    ftp://emuparadise:[email protected]/PSX/hmfg.rar
    Last edited by GODJonez; 22nd-February-2005 at 22:25.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

hey thanks alot man.. now i guess i need to copy the link and paste it in the smart ftp?? or just click it.. coz when i click the link. it leads to a page that cannot be displayed.. thanks again for all help