Thread: verbatim CD-R

Thanks

Default verbatim CD-R

I saw some verbatim Digital Vinyl Metal CD-R and I was just wondering if these are good for burning psx games. On their webpage it says it's ideal for lp-to-cd recordings(Anyone know what it means) I can't remember but i think it was a music cd-r or maybe not. Would it make a big difference if it was or was not a music cd-r. Thanx

Thanks
    EP Points

LP=Vinyls.
    I dunno though, not tested.

Thanks

shit i've used anything as my PSX game CDs the only ones that dont work are CD-RWs atleast from what i tested

Thanks

I was just wondering cause the intro for lunar silver star story was slow. I used sony cd-r and I was thinking of getting verbatim but I only found the vinyl ones but didn't buy them. I burned it slow with alcohol 120 and used the playstation settings. I used raw SAO and could that be the prob. but when i use alcohol it doesn't have raw DAO i can only use raw sao. Any help would be great. BTW all games i've burned so far are slow when playing fmv.

Thanks

Are you sure that isn't your PSX laser doing that with the intro?
    Otherwise, i've used pretty much anything, much like Legend.
    Although, Verbatim brand didn't work in my old Sony CDRW when someone reccomended them, I used Maxwell CDR's, they worked great.
    I completed the internetz

Thanks

Default verbatim cdr

As a cd vendor, verbatim was the best for decades.

usually verbatim cdr blue azo metal (blue color cd) are the best for PSX on earth. Even Blue verbatim dvdr are the best color for any dvd players that do not like usually like yellow or white dvd, due to the fact some lasers are very sensitive to color. the best color for any media cdr cdrw or dvdr are blue dark

Thanks

well verbatim is a good brand for media cd or dvd

Thanks

yah, I agree. that brand is the one that lasts me the most too. other brands rot away faster. All my verbatim ones are still readable. that SAO/DAO thing isn't really important, just burn slow.

Thanks

is 8X slow enough?
    my alcohol120 wont go any lower thatn that...also i use maxwell and memorex for my burning...both work like a charm

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by colosse12001
    As a cd vendor, verbatim was the best for decades.

usually verbatim cdr blue azo metal (blue color cd) are the best for PSX on earth. Even Blue verbatim dvdr are the best color for any dvd players that do not like usually like yellow or white dvd, due to the fact some lasers are very sensitive to color. the best color for any media cdr cdrw or dvdr are blue dark
    yep. i have a whole stack of blue cd's burned for dreamcast. great name brand. not one ever failed on me.