Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSD files request

Thanks

I feel the same. I highly suggest just playing around with the program more than anything. I'm not about to give away my works of art that took me weeks to do.

bluesaga Guest

Originally posted by EGGO
    I feel the same. I highly suggest just playing around with the program more than anything. I'm not about to give away my works of art that took me weeks to do.
    Sorry you quys i didn't mean post your BEST art that took you weeks to write i just meant post something that would be of use, for example a background or a effect.

But i understand you not showing your PSD's if i was in your shoes i prob wouldn't either....

although Nightingale said about programming for ages and the giving away the code, i do that quite often if i see people in trouble and I also write free scripts!

Thanks

Originally posted by bluesaga
    although Nightingale said about programming for ages and the giving away the code, i do that quite often if i see people in trouble and I also write free scripts!
    I only said that as an example I'm not saying it's wrong in any way, it's up to you if you want to give out your hard work for use in public. I'm just saying that me (and almost everybody else) will not give out their techniques and 'source codes' until they're out of the business for good.

bluesaga Guest

i understand, i only meant something quick but is a little complex. But sure its your work and its your choice and i respect that

Thanks

Originally posted by Nightingale
    I can almost guarantee that noone (except for cudy ) will post his PSDs. It's like giving the source code for the program you've spent hours programming. And If anyone posted his PSDs here, he won't be guaranteed that people won't steal them, edit the text, and claim they are their own work.
    hehe....yeah, these dont exactly have many "special techniques" or anything that i came up with....mostly just pics meshed together into one pic(cyber's for example was all just different pics.....the onyl effect was the scanlines). so i really dont give much of a damn at this point. im now starting to get used to using several of the filters and such though and am working on a few projects at the moment.......and i guarantee that noone will get those....so i know what you guys are talking bout
    Last edited by DudeCuda; 22nd-July-2003 at 01:04.

Thanks

I could help you though I guess...

-Have a powerful computer
    -Don't be afraid to play around and keep adding stuff
    -Know when you reached "too much"
    -Don't be afraid to use over 100 layers

This took me well over 130, and it was back when I was a novice at the proggie and coloring

http://images.deviantart.com/large/w...of_a_dream.jpg

Thanks

Originally posted by EGGO
    I could help you though I guess...

-Have a powerful computer
    -Don't be afraid to play around and keep adding stuff
    -Know when you reached "too much"
    -Don't be afraid to use over 100 layers

This took me well over 130, and it was back when I was a novice at the proggie and coloring

http://images.deviantart.com/large/w...of_a_dream.jpg
    DAMN! thats awesome dude. i always thought i used too many layers......i think the most for me was 70......and i never know whats too much

Thanks

There's no such thing as too many layers. 'Nuff said.

Thanks

There is when you use my computer.

Hint: 2001 Compaq Presario with Pentium 3

Thanks

is there a way to find out how many layers you have used?
    normally when i go onto massive projects i just organise the layers in to folders so i dont know how many i have.

Thanks

Yeah, I open up every folder and count by hand. lol

So far I found no way of an automatic layer count.

bluesaga Guest

Default Sorry

I have been away for a few days and have not had access to the board, thanks for the help EGGO . Oh and DAMN that pic was good