Thread: The Skype-Out: Nothing butt sex. Or so they say.

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    If people take recombinant Insulin but complain about GMO food then they're massive hypocrites.
    Strangely enough I had a family member who was diabetic and had a very bad reaction to recombinant insulin when it came out in the 80s. Their control was always excellent and they’d very rarely had hypos up to that point, but they suddenly started having very severe ones with no warning at seemingly random times of day. We're talking full on seizures. Unfortunately it did some long term damage, because even when they went back onto animal insulin the hypos remained just as severe and often still crept up without warning, although they thankfully became less frequent. Very scary stuff.

The vast majority of people are fine with it, but complications can occur as with any medicine. Sadly my relative was one of the unlucky ones.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 13th-August-2015 at 01:42.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Strangely enough I had a family member who was diabetic and had a very bad reaction to recombinant insulin when it came out in the 80s. Their control was always excellent and they’d very rarely had hypos up to that point, but they suddenly started having very severe ones with no warning at seemingly random times of day. We're talking full on seizures. Unfortunately it did some long term damage, because even when they went back onto animal insulin the hypos remained just as severe and often still crept up without warning, although they thankfully became less frequent. Very scary stuff.

The vast majority of people are fine with it, but complications can occur as with any medicine. Sadly my relative was one of the unlucky ones.
    That sounds awful Cosmic, but I would imagine the technology has come on since then and the side effects don't happen as often as they used.

Sorry to hear about your relative.