Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Gran Turismo 6.

Doing a brief review for Tass who was interested in it.

Gran Turismo games are the best, more exhaustive and detailed catalogue of virtual cars ever created. And despite being a simulator racing game, it's accessible for everyone. Those are, for me, the reasons why I keep coming to it whenever a new instalment is released. Still my fav JRPG %)))))
    Having said that, here are some aspects of GT6 I'd like to highlight:

- They went back to the classic A-spec mode and Arcade mode scheme. B-spec mode is gone for now, supposed to be added via add-on yet to be released. Licenses seem to be easier than in GT5. All kind of racing styles are covered again, including karts, rallies and lunar driving Your performance during races award you stars to unlock new modes, licenses, events and races.

- As expected, the game looks incredibly good. The tracks, the cars, the light effects, the day-night transition, the weather effects... everything is better than ever. And that's saying a lot.

- After completing a tenth part of the game so far I have to say that the prizes are scarce in quantity and quality compared to GT5. Less credits earned when winning a race and less cars awarded when getting first in a GP mean more grinding to buy the cars you want to own/you need to play new races. Not that it's a bad thing since it makes the game last more.

- In addition to that, to make it last even more, a bunch of new content is added for free to the game: 4 new online events every 2 weeks available for 2 weeks that award more generous prizes for those who take the time to master them, special events called GT Vision that award awesome exclusive prototype cars designed for GT just for taking part on them, a tribute to the deceased Ayrton Senna that walks you through his life, his achievements and his legacy all done with an exquisite care, like the whole game itself, I'd remark.
    That's all I've found so far and I've played it for less than a week. Definitely a game made to last.

I've tried to compare it to GT5 as much as possible cos I know many people may think this is just a buffed version of GT5. I feel it's not and that all the extras included deserve a new purchase.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 8th-June-2014 at 15:37.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post: