Thread: Epsxe 1.8 help

Thanks

Default Epsxe 1.8 help

Hello, I'm new to emulation and I am having some problems with my emulator. I used to have a working one ,but I lost all of my files and had to get everything again. I am working with epsxe 1.8.0, have added bios/plugins, but cannot get my roms to run. I have final fantasy vii and everytime i open it rard my emulator full screens as if working but nothing ever happens, just black screen.

Please help

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bamstarr View Post
    Hello, I'm new to emulation and I am having some problems with my emulator. I used to have a working one ,but I lost all of my files and had to get everything again. I am working with epsxe 1.8.0, have added bios/plugins, but cannot get my roms to run. I have final fantasy vii and everytime i open it rard my emulator full screens as if working but nothing ever happens, just black screen.

Please help
    You open it as still a rar file you mean? You have to decompress. Get 7zip (just google it's free) and extract the game, it could possibly be in .ecm format after you unrar it as well which is a further compression (in fact I think it is) so you will need ecm tools which is free too.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, but that was not the problem. I extracted the file and broke it down to a .bin, and the same thing happened. Im using the Pete plugins,but I'm going to try a different one. Hopefully that will fix it, but more ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Bamstarr; 9th-January-2013 at 02:25.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you tried with the configuration posted for that game in the PSX Datacenter?
    Did you checked the ePSXe configuration guide in the emulation part of the PSX Datacenter?
    And try using ePSXe v.1.8.0
    http://psxdatacenter.com

Thanks
    EP Points

The game should run if you already have the actual image file of the game, as well bios/plugins files for the emulator.

How did you run it on the emulator? File -> Run CDROM or ISO?

Thanks

I ran it as an iso, it starts up like its going to run and then just doesnt do anything. I followed several tutorials on setting it up, I have all the necessary files. Don't know what the problem is. I've tried other versions of epsxe but still same results.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try loading the .cue file if it came with one instead of the .bin through the Run ISO option.

Also, here are the specific settings I use with any of Pete's D3D plugins, which seem to work with 95% of games I throw at it (including FF7), in the last three ePSXe releases;

"I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"