Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So I guess Resident Evil 6 is Poopy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Im writing this for my friend Josh, hes not much of a reviewer type but I asked if hed give his two cents here, so Im relaying his thoughts.

His best analogy is that the games are becoming the movies. "generally is p disappointing. it's like 5 and that last one before it Operation Racoon city together." He hates Chapter 4 in Chris' campaign, says theres no survival horror elements anywhere. Hes only had 2 or 3 puzzles in Leon's campaign. Overall its like gears of war with zombies.

Guess its poopy to him. Oh well, its had a better run than Silent Hill.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    its had a better run than Silent Hill.
    HA. I disagree.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I mean success wise. SIlent Hill ran out at number 4, its been all average to ok stuff since then. And its too hard to find 3 anywhere I look.

Thanks
    EP Points

Does anybody remember or played Resident Evil: Dead Aim? From what it looks like, it looks like it was ahead of it's time. It was 3rd person and aiming was in 1st person. It seems like a grand idea, but I have never heard of the game, until I was seeing who was playable in Namco X Capcom.

Thanks

I mean success wise. SIlent Hill ran out at number 4, its been all average to ok stuff since then. And its too hard to find 3 anywhere I look.

Kinda agree, Silent Hill 1 & 2 are the only ones with unanimous fan praise; Res Evil is pretty solid up to 4, with decent games like Code Veronica off the main and a great remake of the original on GameCube. You also get some fun off-shoots that use lightguns, oh and Res Evil Revelations on 3DS.

It's a good series, think they just tried to please everyone with Res 6 instead of making something focused. I love Res 4 but they haven't been able to capture what made that game good again, despite it being relatively simple mechanics wise.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

They put too much focus on guns as your weapon, thats the problem to me. Any game that has guns as THE main weapon is going to fall into the problem of wanting to appeal to other shooting game fans out there. So a ton of creativity and scary elements related to survival horror will go away. Thats pessimistic of me, but obviously thats what weve seen here. Its too bad that games like the first Silent Hill games didnt catch on.

Thanks

I wish they would put a bullet in the head of this franchise, and stop it from coming back. The movies too, retribution (imho) was awful.

Thanks

Na it's alright if they mess around with series. I mean, what does it matter if there's series you don't like out there? For me it's Assassin's Creed, apart from the first game it's a series of gimmicks and bad design, but it doesn't bother me having the series around since I don't have to play them.

They're gonna learn a bit from Res 6, assuming its received a similar reception over in Japan anyway, and probably modify it or future games. I wonder how well Res 6 did in Japan actually, it felt like a very Western game to me, (in terms of mechanics\pacing\design, not theme).

Thanks

It's not a bad game... I just wished they brought back the real RE horror.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SWEATYGREMLINSCLUB View Post
    I wonder how well Res 6 did in Japan actually, it felt like a very Western game to me, (in terms of mechanics\pacing\design, not theme).
    Glancing at user feedback online, it basically got about the same reception it did in the west. That is to say a not very good one. Some of the main criticisms are that there are too many QTEs, that it's not survival horror in the slightest, that the camera is dodgy, and that it tries far too hard to emulate Western games and fails.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CHANING TATUM View Post
    the camera is dodgy
    Gotta love RE.

<-die hard SH fanboy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Gotta love RE.

<-die hard SH fanboy.

Jazz likes seeing everything covered in fog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
    Jazz likes seeing everything covered in fog
    Or is it ash?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Or is it ass?

Edit: oh yeah, spam and stuff.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 25th-October-2012 at 02:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

They put too much focus on guns as your weapon, thats the problem to me. Any game that has guns as THE main weapon is going to fall into the problem of wanting to appeal to other shooting game fans out there.
    Unless you count the knife, since when have guns not been THE main type of weapon available to you in the RE series?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"