Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: First game you emulated?

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it was about 2004, emulated the SNES and played the fantranslation of the Sailor Moon RPG on Windows XP.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Only like 2 years ago, emulated adventure for the atari 2600.

Thanks

pokemon emrald then spyro the dragon
    when i got into emulating i was downloading a new game every day LOL

Thanks

First game I ever emulated was Banjo Kazooie. I still never managed beat that game, either.

Thanks

It was either Pokemon Diamond on an EDGE flashcard, or Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island on my evolution X xbox.

Thanks

It was Splatterhouse 2 for the Sega Genesis, in a dos version of Kgen, circa 96 or 97, the precursor of todays excellent Fusion emu by Steve Snake. I played that in a crappy 486 pc, and it ran at like 2 fps... And still I played through and finished it. And I don´t even like that particular game that much, but that was what the friend who introduced me to emulators had in the floppy disk. Watching that console game running on my pc for the first time is an experience I will never forget.

Thanks

Super Mario RPG
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93348&dateline=133640  3197
    Your post is clearly a lie!

Thanks

contra with jnes in high school.

Thanks

I think it was Pokemon Blue on my iBook back in the days of using OS 9. I remember finding an issue of MacFormat (or possibly some other Mac magazine) focusing on Mac games which had a whole section on emulators with a CD with a few emulators on to try I spent most of the day looking for ROMS on the internet and found somewhere I could acquire GameBoy ROMS and found myself lost in pokemon for hours and hours. I remember this being quite a revelation at the time as a Mac user I had a very small number of games available to me until the magic of emulation blew the doors wide open so to speak.

Thanks

Back in 2007 i actually learned about emulators from one of our teachers... Yeah...

He was a huge Nintendo fan and an awesome teacher. So he told me what they do and where to get ROM's.

Once i got home i downloaded a SNES emulator and downloaded a huge ROM pack.

The first game i tried was Street Fighter 2, then i tried Super Mario RPG.

But now that i know more about emulation, I usually play Nintendo 64 games, or burn some ps2 games.
    Prose is an art form, movies and acting in general are art forms, so is music, painting, graphics, sculpture, and so on. Some might even consider classic games like chess to be an art form. Video games use elements of all of these to create something new. Why wouldn't video games be an art form?

Thanks

Hey guys,

Been a super long time since I've posted. Couple years at least. The first game I emulated was Breath of Fire 1 on SNES9x. Such an exciting discovery for me.

Thanks

i think it was Do Don Pachi on MAME
    LINK REMOVED - WAREZ

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rengoku349 View Post
    pretty sure mine was Lufia 2 for the SNES. always rented it as a kid and could never quite get past a certain puzzle.
    The Treasure Sword Shrine? With the yellow & red blocks? That's where I ended up stuck, only way I managed to play past it was to rent a copy of the game (owned it at the time) and hope there was a save on it past that point

Took me years to finally get past that.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Hmm... The first game I played on an emulator was Magic Knight Rayearth for SNES. Someone else brought it to school on a zip disk (Oh yeah.) so we hung out and played it during 'computer class'. So I made a copy of it to a floppy and took it home to keep playing it. I actually beat that game, too. Hm.

Thanks

First game I played on an emulator was Pokémon White.
    HP: 454 / 1816