Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games you've missed out on because of the Language barrier.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

Front Mission II (PSX) Shadowrun (Mega CD ver.) Record Of Lodoss war ( PC-Engine CD) Emerald dragoon (PC-Engine Ver.) FEDA Remake (Sega Saturn) among a looong list .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    In any case, good luck with Japanese! I've had so much fun studying the language, and I'm always happy to see other people taking it up. It isn't nearly as hard as some people would have you believe, and if I can learn, there's no reason you can't too! Feel free to ask if you ever need help with anything~
    Oh, man. I'd really appreciate if you could give me some advice on how to learn Japanese in a fun and interesting way. How did you do it. Which programs did you use? Really, my interest for Japan was seeded into me at a pretty young age, with all those cool TV shows like Rock'n Cop, Saber Raider, Mila, AND of course all those nice sprite based games like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on my old Amiga 500 or the classic RPGs.

I'd love to get into some Visual Novel Games like teh Fate series and stuff. Even your damn avatar got me interested because of that.

Thanks man.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pipopa View Post
    Oh, man. I'd really appreciate if you could give me some advice on how to learn Japanese in a fun and interesting way. How did you do it. Which programs did you use? Really, my interest for Japan was seeded into me at a pretty young age, with all those cool TV shows like Rock'n Cop, Saber Raider, Mila, AND of course all those nice sprite based games like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on my old Amiga 500 or the classic RPGs.

I'd love to get into some Visual Novel Games like teh Fate series and stuff. Even your damn avatar got me interested because of that.

Thanks man.
    I was actually considering writing a series of articles for our site's main page about learning Japanese specifically with a view toward import gaming, but I wasn't sure how useful it would be. If you're interested, though, then maybe I'll go back to that idea? I figure it might be more useful to you and others than me babbling on incoherently here for a couple of thousand words and not actually saying much of use.

The avatar isn't from a visual novel, but from a Chinese RPG in the famous Sword of the Yellow Emperor series. Glad you like it, though! Visual Novels aren't really my speciality, but I think Ray, one of our other moderators, knows his stuff there.

(It's not "man", actually. But you're welcome. :'D)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

You should definitely consider doing that article. I think it'd be helpful for a lot of people. Hell, even I might give my 2 cents in the comments section or something.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes,Elin definitely do that. I know I would read them.

Thanks

I figure it might be more useful to you and others than me babbling on incoherently here for a couple of thousand words and not actually saying much of use.
    I'd love to read either way. Would be much appreciated. Maybe you could do kind of weekly "lessons" ? Just an idead, what fits you. And doesn't bore you, of course

(It's not "man", actually. But you're welcome. :'D)
    Ups, but seriously it's rather tough to differentiate just by avatar and name to guess on this forum. A lot of guys have female avatars.. wonder why this focus... guys like cute female pics I guess in general.

Thanks

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2. I want it so badly.

Thanks

Most of the Super Robot Wars games.

Thanks
    EP Points

It is difficult to tell what someone's gender is in this forum. Sometimes, you just need to guess. I can usually tell by the way they write. Men and women write differently. I've noticed that women use I feel, or I think but men generally don't. Although sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. Until I changed my avatar, most assumed I was a guy. But since pointing it out twice, I think that people got the hint.

Thanks
    EP Points

I must have a feminine writing style, then, because I use 'I think' and 'feel' all the time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, there is no shame in that. Though I'm assuming that you're a guy?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i'm a guy.
    i missed what's written on some of those japanese sex games.
    Last edited by Mohit; 22nd-April-2012 at 09:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    Well, there is no shame in that. Though I'm assuming that you're a guy?
    Yeah. Although people occasionally think otherwise simply because of the avatars I use on here.

Thanks

The one recent game I can think of I really wanted them to translate was Fatal Frame for the Wii. I love horror games and even if I had the copy in my hands, I can't understand what they're saying!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shin kai View Post
    The one recent game I can think of I really wanted them to translate was Fatal Frame for the Wii. I love horror games and even if I had the copy in my hands, I can't understand what they're saying!
    You mean Fatal Frame 4? That was actually fan-translated quite a while ago. There's a full English patch for it, just Google it.