Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: United States Censorship Bills SOPA PIPA ACTA

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Yeah, that's been greenlit since Harper got his majority.... The question is are they going to enforce anything, they can't fit every pirate in prison. And if they sue me for 100 million dollars, I'll throw molotov cocktails at the law courts
    That's what I'd like to see

But yeah, it's highly unlikely they'd go after everyone........just obvious targets that have made huge profits from copyright infringement.

I'm a bit concerned that (in some developed countries) it's possible that legislation may be introduced to force ISP's to be proactive about keeping track of everything their customers are doing, and share the info with authorities.............and then discontinue services en masse

Thanks
    EP Points

i think i'm going crazy S: i thought i posted that in a different thread

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    it's possible that legislation may be introduced to force ISP's to be proactive about keeping track of everything their customers are doing, and share the info with authorities.............and then discontinue services en masse
    if that's the case - that would suck major BS...i mean wth am I paying for then??

the majority of us mainly use the internet for downloading more and do other things like pay bills way less often...so technically we're paying for our downloading every month regardless....

Thanks
    EP Points

well aparently facebook is closing down in march 15th, so the internet will have even less use

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    well aparently facebook is closing down in march 15th, so the internet will have even less use
    you do realise that was posted on WWN (google it if you dont know)
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

so...it IS a lie?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    so...it IS a lie?
    yes its BS
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Majinkura View Post
    if that's the case - that would suck major BS...i mean wth am I paying for then??

the majority of us mainly use the internet for downloading more and do other things like pay bills way less often...so technically we're paying for our downloading every month regardless....
    I didn't say it was actually going to happen.........it's just speculation about what's possible if ACTA goes forward (many countries have signed already)
    The next step would be signatory countries introducing legislation that increases enforcement........this will be the tough part 'cos there will be more protests and that sort of thing

But realistically.......if ISP's are to be held more accountable for traffic that is considered criminal activity by law, then what I said is probably more likely than: every user that downloads pirated material facing criminal prosecution and possible jail (which would just be ridiculous....no system could hope to cope with all that).

It's a worse case scenario from my point of view (based on where I live, which isn't the US).

You're paying for a service, but if you abuse that service and the provider is legally entitiled (and possibly obliged) to terminate that service then it could possibly happen.
    The alternative for an ISP could end up being that they're prosecuted themselves, especially if they have many users the breaking law(s).

And without internet you should still be able to pay bills, use a bank etc in person........I know I still can

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I didn't say it was actually going to happen.........it's just speculation about what's possible if ACTA goes forward (many countries have signed already)
    The next step would be signatory countries introducing legislation that increases enforcement........this will be the tough part 'cos there will be more protests and that sort of thing

But realistically.......if ISP's are to be held more accountable for traffic that is considered criminal activity by law, then what I said is probably more likely than: every user that downloads pirated material facing criminal prosecution and possible jail (which would just be ridiculous....no system could hope to cope with all that).

It's a worse case scenario from my point of view (based on where I live, which isn't the US).

You're paying for a service, but if you abuse that service and the provider is legally entitiled (and possibly obliged) to terminate that service then it could possibly happen.
    The alternative for an ISP could end up being that they're prosecuted themselves, especially if they have many users the breaking law(s).

And without internet you should still be able to pay bills, use a bank etc in person........I know I still can
    Way I see it, almost 1/2 of a country's population would have to be arrested for downloading stuff on purpose, the other half would also have be arrested for doing it by accident. . .

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Graeystone View Post
    Way I see it, almost 1/2 of a country's population would have to be arrested for downloading stuff on purpose, the other half would also have be arrested for doing it by accident. . .
    Isn't that convenient? They can destroy piracy using nukes.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Isn't that convenient? They can destroy piracy using nukes.
    destroying the world is the only way to totally stop piracy

better bring out dem supa bombz

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

this makes me wonder who copied that first floppy and invented piracy

Thanks
    EP Points

not U.S. but still good to see some companies fighting to stop this kind of nonsense.

can't link to the source as it is a site that host warez but here is an excerpt.

Two large ISPs in the Netherlands have said they will not be blocking subscriber access to TPB, as demanded by the Hollywood supported anti-piracy outfit BREIN. T-Mobile and KPN argue that blocking websites is a threat to the open Internet, and suggest that the entertainment industry focuses on new business models instead. BREIN is now expected to take the ISPs to court.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points