Page 153 of 258 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

There's CES and I think a couple other shows, but E3 is where its at for the big players. For the gaming industry of course.

Thanks

well i got the full version of fraps working. now i can record games on pc, but one question is there a way to record games from consoles like the n64 or ps2 without using an emulator just on the tv? or is that not possible?

Thanks
    EP Points

There is a way to record games from your TV. You need a capture card. You can usually find these online. There might be other ways without using a capture card, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    There is a way to record games from your TV. You need a capture card. You can usually find these online. There might be other ways without using a capture card, but I'm not sure.
    i see well in trying to find easy inexpensive ways to record games coming from the real game systems.

Thanks
    EP Points

You can find capture cards for various prices. Though a lot of them are kinda expensive. I don't do a lot of game recording, anything I have done has been with a emulator using capture software.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Pretty cool,

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    Pretty cool
    It's not cool, it's classy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    i see well in trying to find easy inexpensive ways to record games coming from the real game systems.
    Spend $100 on one of the HDMI USB capture devices, they should also have AV input. You'll save yourself money if you plan on doing any HDMI recording. If you know you'll only be doing SD, you can probably pick up a capture card or a USB capture device for $10 - $30.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Spend $100 on one of the HDMI USB capture devices, they should also have AV input. You'll save yourself money if you plan on doing any HDMI recording. If you know you'll only be doing SD, you can probably pick up a capture card or a USB capture device for $10 - $30.
    You can get them for as cheap as $10. Dang, the cheapest I've seen was $25.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

So it seems Sony's very own Ridge Racer-fanatic has now reached the level 100 and become President and CEO. In Kaz we believe!

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Pr...18E/index.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So does this mean that Sony will now have a crab related logo?

Or perhaps some sort of nice extended Riiiiiiiidge racer soundbite?

Soooooooonnny

Not as nice as SEEEGA, but it works.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

A more important question is if Kaz will hit Nintendo and Microsoft's weak spot for massive damage? Only time will tell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Right now I'm incensed about how terrible Daggerdale is. I put off playing it because of what I read about it. When I played it the first time yesterday I had this D&D nerd rage come over me. How does anyone dare to slap a D&D logo on such a dismal POS? I'm pissed that Atari would publish something like that and that Wizards of the Coast licensed it. Aside from the severely limited character creation and having to select from four premade characters, a halfling with a staff is impossible because small creatures can't wield two handed weapons is one of the game's rules. Having to play as a halfling to use arcane magic in a game is a nuisance to begin with. The intro reveals who the antagonist is right at the beginning, leaving no element of surprise in the story's plotline. That he has a deep voice and looks like a gay fashion model is so homoerotic, it makes defeating him completely anticlimactic from the start. So, then you realize that the game is dialogue heavy and that NPC voice acting is an assortment of grunts and mumbling. Make your mind up if you're developing an RPG, make it hack and slash action or heavy in role playing; not both. Last thing I need is a long drawn out conversation with grunting and squinting dwarves that look like they're defecating in the middle of what's supposed to be an action RPG. The worst part of the whole experience and what infuriates me most is knowing that a sequel is being made. I feel like finding out who is responsible for the existence of Daggerdale and it's upcoming sequel so I can send them thank you letters for fucking up my precious D&D games by slapping a D&D logo on half assed, dull and uninspired shovelware.
    Last edited by Yip Yip; 16th-February-2012 at 09:49.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yip Yip View Post
    a halfling with a staff is impossible because small creatures can't wield two handed weapons is one of the game's rules.
    They can though. Just not as weapons (implements: because fuck your rules). They also can if the DM decides to use size scaling. What counts as 2 handed for a human isn't what counts as 2 handed for a halfling. Which is what happened here. he's not using a human sized staff, it's halfling sized. See, there's this thing in D&D where it's open to interpretation. Try playing it sometime.

That he has a deep voice and looks like a gay fashion model is so homoerotic, it makes defeating him completely anticlimactic from the start.
    One, most D&D campaigns do this.

Two, a priest (especially an EEEEVIILLLL priest) is supposed to look fabulous and/or barbaric. Just be happy he's not decked out in a nice thick coat of purple feathers and a nice big cape (complete with fur lining).

Thanks
    EP Points

So anyone else played the ME3 demo? I liked it, even though it was somewhat of an awkward experience due to my Engineer sucking hard in combat. See, the weight of your equipment influences your powers' cooldown now. And the demo forces you to have like 4 weapons equipped. So the result is me waiting 10-15 seconds for Incinerate/combat drone/whatever to recharge. Not cool.

That, and I can't quite get used to the new cover mechanics just yet. Still, it was good fun, might play through it again with a different class. The new melee attack (basically a falcon punch) is highly appreciated.