Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Top 20 Games That Made Japanese Players Cry

Thanks
    EP Points

not that i recall at the moment, definately not any on that list though a few endings to some sonicth games would be a almost... and the ending to the movie :/

Thanks

Wow the only thing on this list that even got me close to dropping a tear was CC:FFVII

Spoiler warning:
    Zack gets shot in the fayce. Cloud cries like a bitch. the whole ending credits sequence is depressing but in a good way.

Thanks

Where is the first Metal gear?

Thanks

Many Japanese games make me teary-eyed. Without spoiling anything, I'll name the games:
    Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Crisis Core, Okami, Shadow of Colossus, ICO

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ballcap For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Japanese tetris puzzle game make me cry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I agree with #8 on the list, Mother 3. There's a couple sad moments in it, but particularly the funeral scene for me.

Also when Alys dies in Phantasy Star IV. That was really surprising and sad as well.

Thanks

Just curious... to all people that got emotional after Aerith's death:

Did it really have such an effect on you? I mean, there weren't many noticeable events you were able to share with her, even the ride in the saucer wasn't that memorable to me, also missable if you pick Tifa or Barret [LOL] instead. Her death almost had absolute no effect to me, since it came way too early for my taste.

Thanks

lol, i fuckin laughed when Sephi killed Aeris.... Sephi FTW!

Anyways, a game thatss really sad is Persona 3, has an extremely sad ending

Thanks

Did it really have such an effect on you?
    For me, more emotional were the words of Cloud ("Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry... or get angry..."). Damn, Aeris was a good healer for my team...

Chrono Cross, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill... Those games had a few nice and sensitive moments.

Thanks

FFVII crap is so overrated. Was one big drama fest, by the time she died I was so exhausted I was apathetic and too far gone to care. Not enough actual emotional rollercoaster for me to feel anything other than relief once her cookie cutter mold was complete. For me MGS4 was an interesting game, in that snake was just ancient FEELING and that he truly took so long to contemplate ending his life speaks to the depth that his character has been developed. For the most part games have too much of a difficult time rendering a streamlined emotional story due to the constant player interruptions that are made as it progresses. Perhaps that is why I think MGS4 succeeded, the cutscenes were nigh too long, but gave fantastic character development due to the expense. Not saying either way is right or wrong but movies tend to do a much better job at conveying these things.

Thanks

Quite a few on that list are visual novels (Clannad, Air, Steins;Gate) which makes sense since I always end up feeling like I am the main character more in those than other media. I wonder what features about the other games make them stand out.