Thread: Lost In Translation..

Thanks

Default Lost In Translation..

No, not a game request, but something along the lines.

There are a lot of games that aren't coming to America and have been passed up on translation projects and it's a pretty big bummer for a lot of people.
    I can't really complain because well, I'm not contributing myself; I just don't know how. e_e

Hearing you absolutely don't need to know the language you're translating from because it is simply code, my hopes are up a bit that this is true~.
    Was honestly thinking about taking a few of these translation projects into my own hands being that I have a lot of free time right now.

I have very minimal programming experience though I'm a fast learner and problem solver.
    Would anyone be able to point me to any sort of ROM language translation guidelines, or lend any information themselves?
    Also, direction to the programs required would be, you know, everything nice. =P

I figure if I tinker around enough with a few tips I'll eventually figure it out and be able to start pumping out translations for all those games in the dark~.

Thanks for any help you can provide, or just for reading.
    - Six
    "If you're 5-5-5 then I'm Six-Six-SIX!"

Thanks
    EP Points

#Archean_0's Uploads [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...0#post1431710] | #Found a ".dlc" file? Open it with [http://jdownloader.org/]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Archean_0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Wait what? You don't need to know the language you're translating from in order to translate? Maybe I'm reading that wrong... Are you saying you'd like to help hack a game so it can be translated by someone else, or just find a way to grab the text and stick it in a machine translator?