Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What got you into video games?

Thanks

I don't remember a time without having video games in the house. I was born in 1989 and my dad had an NES, and I guess bought a SNES at some time. I can't really a time before having those two consoles. Playing the Mega Man series, which I rented in reverse order from Blockbuster, was probably what cemented me into gaming though.
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL I'M SO WAAAAACCKYYYYYYY

Thanks

Well it began with my sister playing freddie fish.
    I was so young I couldn't even talk and my sister was like 7 or something.
    I kept making sounds and pointing to where my sister should go.
    My sister once got stuck and actually listened to what I said, and everything was actually right.
    Then they gave me a mouse and it turned out I was better at the game as my sister(she's 5 years older)
    So to keep me entertained,my dad downloaded some arcade emulators and NES emulators.
    The first arcade games I played were Pac-Man and Arkanoid.
    On the nes,the first games I played were Super mario bros 3 and Kirby's advanture.
    So even tough I'm 15 right now I really like retro games because of my dad.
    I emulate old games all the time(and buy new ones of course )
    But Super Mario bros 3 and kirby's advanture are what got me into gaming as a little kid :3

Thanks

I have been gaming since before I can remember... Needless to say... I'm a fucking BEAST at any Mario Platformer you give me.

Nooch...
    You can only see my face,
    never my motives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orbnotacus View Post
    I have been gaming since before I can remember... Needless to say... I'm a fucking BEAST at any Mario Platformer you give me.

Nooch...
    And what if it's kaizo mario world?

Thanks

I started playing video games, I was really really young then. About 7 or 8? I presume. But not that sure. It is really very enjoying! Every time i play it, i don't get bored.

Thanks

Well, we did have a type of NES rip-off when I was really young. I remember playing things like Contra and obviously Mario. But I kinda grew out of it and found interests in different things. Until one Vacation, when I was about 7 or 8 years old. We ironically went to the last place you would want to play games. The beach. One day me and my brothers discovered a Arcade, kinda hidden among the shops. All you could hear was FLIPPIN 20 machines at full volume at the same time! The game I most vividly remember has got to be Metal Slug. So, after being Semi-deaf for about a week, and having no allowance to buy shit(Ah, good times. Just like today, except the person shouting my ears off is a girly, and I still manage to starve myself to buy the latest stuff). That got my gaming side raving again! After begging my parents, They got us a Playstation 1. Although we were a bit behind. It still made for a "Lekker/fun" time. Needless to say. It all went downhill from there on.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been playing games since like my whole life. Very long time. You wouldn't believe how stoked I was when I found out about emulation. I could re-play all those retro games I hadn't played since I was a kid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well my first console was Sega Genesis .. I remember playing Tiny Toon all day and then my bro got the UMK 3 , and there it started , broken controllers , mad me cause my bro was better.. and then my father buyed me a PS1 and it was a blast.. ahh and my first handheld was GBA SP + Metroid Fusion.. umm all of them got me into video games.. Nowdays i love to play only on my PSP and DS.. i didnt touched my PS3 for 5 months..

If you ask me, there's no happiness to be found in death... no peace either. I'm leaving here alive

Thanks

My parents had a NES when I was a kid, I can't remember ever not having video games. Then I got a SNES at 4, and between that and baseball, that was practically all I ever did.

And playing SFII for the first time in an arcade, 4 years old. Almost all of the games I play now are fighters, I have SFA2 to blame for that

Thanks

Ive been around Video games for years, my older brother had a whole bunch of Genesis games, Sega dreamcast and PSX games around the time I was Four and ever since ive just been playing video games.

I only seriously got into Video gaming back in 08' when i found out about Emulation and looked into Lots and lots of really good games like Castlevania and Strider and whatnot

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, my brother was a gamer before I was even born (he's three years ahead of me), and he had me playing Super Mario Kart at 2 years old. :p Eventually, I was able to stay on the road and stuff. Then I started passing some computers... Then I used a red shell on my brother and I WON. *cough* This was probably a few years later, though. Two-year-olds aren't very coordinated.
    Later on, we got Game Boy Pockets. Both of us. And they were both red. And we shalt playeth Pokemon upon these. Even later, got a 64, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube, GBASP, DS, Wii, DSLite, DSi... You get the picture. It wasn't until we were older and knew how to get some money that we got a PS1, which is now broken, and PS2, Sega Genesis, and most recently, an XboX 360. I've always been a bigger fan of portable gaming, and I've been playing Kirby's Dreamland on my 3DS lately. And EV training a team in Pokemon White... Anyone up for a battle? XD
    - Lots of cliché pictures, "cards" and quotes here -
    - Random GIF image here -
    - Custom user graphic here -

Thanks

my first console was a NES and I played Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt for countless hours until I left my NES in my grandma's house. I do still own a Super NES although I didn't play any games for several years. I do have a N64, a Gamecube and a Wii. Sometimes, I play with my Playstation consoles. I admit that I still have the Game Boy my father offered me and it still works. I still have a Game Boy Advance. Right now, I play with my 3DS.

Thanks

My gaming started with me getting a Playstation, 1st game was some Spyro the Dragon game... good times (although I'm sure I 1st played games like Mario, Ninja Turtles, Tanks etc. when I was even younger). Some of my fav games were Crash Bandicoot, Breath of Fire 4, Vagrant Story, Tombi 2!, Grandia and many others.

Thanks

When I was 4 I got an NES for Christmas with the light gun (zapper, I think) and the Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt Cart. I played the crap out of that thing. Shortly after, a store near my house was selling off old rental titles for $2 - $5 each and I found myself with a ton of NES greats like Megaman 2, Double Dragon 2 and SMB3. Those were the days. Between my gf and I now we have 4 NES consoles and a very large box of games.

Thanks

i do not remember why i liked video games until now. but i do know that playing video games made me feel really calm and made me felt who i really am, a gamer