Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Does anyone remember an arcade game?

It was for one or two players and they where some sort of aircraft. There were four powerups, which respectively appeared in a "1" to "4". Picking two, for example, would make the aircraft shoot flames while 3 or 4 would give a diagonal-firing laser.

It is not much, however it is one of the games I used to play as very young and would like to find it again.

My regards.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ameerkat View Post
    Anyone remember an old sega game with an elephant that goes around saving it's animal mates? He could suck up enemies and if you don't find all of them at the end there's a funny message along the lines of 'you live forever in regret...' or something.
    Rollo to the Rescue. Pretty sure it was an elephant.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Snes game, or one of those old consoles, is an overhead thing if that makes sense, like the view is from above.

Your a bit like samus in it, like armor and shooting a beam out of your arm, the only thing I can really remember is that there were these bosses that looked like big crabs. Oh and one of the upgrades you get is to shoot your beam off the wall and it reflects.

Cant really give any other info. :/

Thanks

Steve you're thinking of megaman i think.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_shadow View Post
    Steve you're thinking of megaman i think.
    Mega Man didn't have an overhead view.

Thanks

Ok so this is not going to be easy because I didn't really play it but I saw someone else play it. It was a ps2 game I'm pretty sure, with anime-style graphics and it was an rpg like Star Ocean where the player could run around the city, castle, and other environments freely but I can't remember the battle system if it was turn-based or free...

Anyway, the only thing I really remember is that a group was with the main character and they were running down some of the town's stairs near the castle, the main character was making fun of the others because he ran all the time and they were out of breath, a play on because he was the main character and he runs all the time... That's all I can really remember and it's driving me crazy. I saw it probably around 4 or 5 years ago. It had a lot of adventure in it I think... Sorry for the lack of information, just wondering if anyone recognizes it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I had a game for PS1 which was a kind of RPG with an isometric view. I remember there was a small town in which you could buy stuff and then you could go into dungeons and do dungeon crawling stuff. I also remember that when I was in town and my inventory was full, I would drop the items on the ground and they would be saved so I had a kind of unlimited inventory just by dropping all the stuff that I didn't need on the ground. Other stuff I remember is that you could only move in squares (move one square up, one square right, like that) but it was fully 3d, and that most weapons I would find would be some kind of Cestus.

Unsolved.
    Beginning sounds like Diablo

Thanks

Ok try this one folks. From what I remember, the game I'm looking for was around 2000. It was on the PC, but possibly a few consoles. It played as a 3rd person beat-em up. You played the part of a black female police officer running around beating the crap out of thugs. I remember the advertising for the game at the time showed two pictures. A massive outdoor party celebrating the turn of the millenium and a second picture showing the same scene in chaos a few seconds later.

This ringing any bells with anyone?

Edit: Found it! It's "Urban Chaos"
    Last edited by Wolfy2k4; 9th-January-2012 at 09:40.

Thanks

Old Dos game, only things i remember about it was that it was a top down space shooter, and it had a power up system similar to Gradius.

Thanks

Hi, memory of this game is so warped as i only saw a clip of it when i was very young and its bothered me forever after.

I'm sure it was for SEGA Master System, it looked like the opening of Alex the Kid in Miracle World but i was sure it was sonic or a lookalike as the playable character. All i remember is it looking similar and when you reached the ocean underneath there was an enemy that looked like King Trident from the little mermaid who you had to fight to get past.

Unsolved

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xenqwz View Post
    Beginning sounds like Diablo
    It wasn't sprite based like Diablo, it was fully 3D. The camera was closer to the character comparing to Diablo. I'm not sure but I think it was a Japanese title. (localized Japanese, the text was in English iirc) I also remeber that you could actually enter shops, they were's simple menus like many other games.

Thanks

This might be a difficult one.

This was several years ago, 2004-2005. It was a third person RPG for PS2. You could create your own character, and it was at least two-player co-op. I have only very vague memories of it, as I only played it for maybe half an hour, but I really enjoyed it and have been wishing I could remember the name for years. I only remember that you had a choice of races, one of which was an elf. I don't remember anything else about the customization. I think it may have been a topdown beat-em-up or button-masher, but I'm not sure. That might be a large category, but I'd probably know from screenshots whether it was right or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gnostic671021 View Post
    i forgot a great rpg game in the ps 1 console. it's about a guy being assassinated near a town square. i think he made a deal with hades or the god chronos to send him back in time before he was supposedly killed. the game was about exploring the whole area as the guy teleports into different time frames, even ending up somewhere in the middle ages; back into the early beginnings of the town itself.

please help...post a comment guys! thanx in advance
    Ok i know you said ps1 and this post is a few months old but your description screamed Shadow of Memories on the PS2, the main character met a fortune teller who allowed him to travel through time to learn who stabbed him in the back in the town square, when he travelled back into the past he was in the medi evil but in more recent times the picture would be black and white or go for that brown contrast colour in the victorian era.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by joethulhu View Post
    This might be a difficult one.

This was several years ago, 2004-2005. It was a third person RPG for PS2. You could create your own character, and it was at least two-player co-op. I have only very vague memories of it, as I only played it for maybe half an hour, but I really enjoyed it and have been wishing I could remember the name for years. I only remember that you had a choice of races, one of which was an elf. I don't remember anything else about the customization. I think it may have been a topdown beat-em-up or button-masher, but I'm not sure. That might be a large category, but I'd probably know from screenshots whether it was right or not.
    Champions of Norrath?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Champions of Norrath?
    Yes, actually, I think that's it. I remember the starting area and the character menu. I suppose I remembered being able to create a character wrong, but choosing the characters seems to fit. Thank you very much. I'm going to have to find a copy now.