Page 91 of 160 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2389

Thread: Which anime are you currently watching?

Thanks

Bakamonogatari
    "Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So, it seems I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. I finished the original Patlabor series (decent enough), and went through Daughter of Twenty Faces since I really wanted a crime caper series, something like Kaitou Jeanne, Saint Tail, or D.N. Angel; as it turned out, I got nothing like that, instead getting something like ROD TV done worse...rather a pity, though seeing three copies of Tokyo Tower almost blow up the city was all sorts of funny when you think about it. I am now working through the original Macross series. It's amazing how completely spoiled we are now with CGI animation and error correction, much less the budget explosion after anime got recognized by the suits upstairs as big with the "right" audience market (read: creepy otaku with expendable income). Early 80s animation done purely by hand without budgeting for proper QA checks or the time/ability to fix mistakes short of a complete redo of the offending scene is so amazingly bad at times, it's simply amazing. Ah, I love it so.

Also, Kaifun is kinda a jerk.
    Last edited by Mistral; 3rd-October-2011 at 03:55.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    So, it seems I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. I finished the original Patlabor series (decent enough), and went through Daughter of Twenty Faces since I really wanted a crime caper series, something like Kaitou Jeanne, Saint Tail, or D.N. Angel; as it turned out, I got nothing like that, instead getting something like ROD TV done worse...rather a pity, though seeing three copies of Tokyo Tower almost blow up the city was all sorts of funny when you think about it. I am now working through the original Macross series. It's amazing how completely spoiled we are now with CGI animation and error correction, much less the budget explosion after anime got recognized by the suits upstairs as big with the "right" audience market (read: creepy otaku with expendable income). Early 80s animation done purely by hand without budgeting for proper QA checks or the time/ability to fix mistakes short of a complete redo of the offending scene is so amazingly bad at times, it's simply amazing. Ah, I love it so.

Also, Kaifun is kinda a jerk.
    Old CGI is terrible, and anime is always lagging in the CGI department.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

baka and test. give it a B
    shounen

Thanks
    EP Points

First episode of Persona 4. Not bad at all. I couldn't really have asked any more of an anime adaptation of the opening events of the game. I was happy that they kept all the game music, too. <3

Thanks
    EP Points

Fate/Zero, then Persona 4 the Animation when it gets subbed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori View Post
    First episode of Persona 4.
    Same here.

I'm quite satisfied with the adaptation. The art was a bit lacking at times, but the vivid colours and overall style completely made up for it. I was also happy to hear all the familiar tunes from the OST. Looking forward for this one to make an appearance in the next episode. Really nice touch with all the game references, too, especially that cut-in/critical hit with Zio at the end.

The pacing might feel a bit foo fast for all the newcomers who aren't familiar with the source material, though. Not that I can't understand the decision - they are, after all, compressing a 60-80 hour-long game into a TV show. All in all, they did a splendid job.

Thanks
    EP Points

I watched the RahXephon OAV. I really liked the theme, what with tones and sound waves affecting reality and alternate dimensions.

Thanks

Tremors - Enjoyable B-movie monster flick.
    Desperado - Was kind of cheezy actually but Selma Hiyek is so fine its unbelievable.
    The Discreet Charms of the Bourgeoisie - They just want to have a nice dinner together but it keeps getting interrupted. Oh, upper middle class, youse gots so many problems.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm watching Blassreiter which seems like it was made for me. I'm just getting to the part where:

Spoiler warning:
    the kid took one of those pills and apparently he's going to go waste the bullies who made his friend hang himself

It's a bit on the emotionally manipulative side, which seems to help a younger audience determine clear differences between right and wrong or when extreme violence is justified, but it's kind of silly to an older viewer like myself. I'm really enjoying the racing/demonic weaponry themes though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Started Hanasaku Iroha.

Episode 1: Ah, interesting. The grandmother's a little harsh, though. She's definitely...ah...old-fashioned about this.
    Episode 2: Hmmm, she seems to be doing a little better, and it seems she'll be a catalyzer in this case. Also, that's not a good cliffhanger at all.
    Episode 3 (start): ...Ger, just what did you recommend?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanmaster Ketos View Post
    Started Hanasaku Iroha.

Episode 1: Ah, interesting. The grandmother's a little harsh, though. She's definitely...ah...old-fashioned about this.
    Episode 2: Hmmm, she seems to be doing a little better, and it seems she'll be a catalyzer in this case. Also, that's not a good cliffhanger at all.
    Episode 3 (start): ...Ger, just what did you recommend?
    *looks up episode 3*

Oh, that. Well, uh, yeah.

Anyway, I'm following a few ongoing shows. There's Persona 4, which is already up to episode 3. I have zero complaints. Really good adaptation so far.

Then there's Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. This is an odd one. Aside from the rather fanservice-oriented character designs (again, zero complaints ) and occasional hijinks, this could turn out to be really good. The basic premise alone fascinates and confuses me at the same time, so if anything, I'm watching it out of curiousity, just to see where it'll go.

Guilty Crown. So many clichés in one episode, my god. But in all honesty, I didn't mind it too much, for the sole reason that the animation and fight scenes were fuckawesome. I'm being shallow here, but hey, I need to turn my brain off sometimes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    *looks up episode 3*

Oh, that. Well, uh, yeah.
    Yeah.

Finished Hanasaku Iroha, initial misgivings aside. It was a bit fanservicey at times (so, how many times can we fit dramatic conversations into bath scenes?), and sometimes very...uh...(let's combine that with the grandmother), but it was rather good. I'm finishing up Legend of Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth as well, now, through Second Tiamet, and starting Mutineer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fucking "Mawaru Penguindrum"

It's... weird, funny, interesting and I mention it's weird?

Thanks

Currently, still watching Bleach week by week, but as of new anime, finally 3rd season for Shakugan no Shana is here, so ive been watching that, aswell as Fate/Zero. Also been rewatching To Aru Majutsu no Index, as its one of my most favourite anime evar