Thread: OnLive: Tomorrow's Gaming Today (Discussion, Links and News)

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

If OnLive goes out of business, sure, you won't be able to play the games anymore. Kinda makes sense, right?

All the games on the service have a 3 year guarantee to be there, starting from when they are introduced on OnLive. So, anyone wanting to play, should be able to finish the game long before it expires. (Well, except for me...it took me longer than that to beat GTA IV ) Additionally, if they are getting close to the time a game is set to expire, they will do an assessment of the total number of people still playing the game. If it makes sense for them to keep it on the service, they will.

I doubt OnLive will go out of business, since they have plans for making the service offer much more than just gaming. They have hinted about having a movie service (no, the government is not going to ban streaming movies), they are releasing their own web browser that uses the cloud servers to render the pages, so you can get features not available before (like Flash on an iPhone), and they have ongoing negotiations with virtually every game publisher. They expect to have 150 games by the end of the year, and over 1000 by the end of 2012.

Also, screw discs. I always hated getting up and messing with them anyway. MENU>LOAD GAME

fuck yeah

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprung For This Useful Post: