Thread: Video Game Characters And Their Transitions

Thanks

Default Video Game Characters And Their Transitions

How do we all feel about this? Lol. I could list a few majority characters that stick out the most (Sonic The Hedgehog, Spyro The Dragon, etc). Personally, it's acceptable until the character undergoes a complete change so they aren't recognizable -coughDMC5Dantecough.-

Though to that's defense, it's supposed to be a prequel to the sequel that's a prequel... So eh.

Anyway, how do you feel about gaming mascots and such harsh changes?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SharinganLust View Post
    DMC5Dante
    I don't like to think about it .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think the most insulting game character change would have to be Link's becoming right handed for Wii controls. Almost no one noticed, but it took away a feeling of uniqueness in Link. Of course he was still pretty unique being that he was younger than I was when I played Ocarina and he's killing giant spiders.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Damn, i didnt understand a thing !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    I don't like to think about it .
    Neither do I

Quote Originally Posted by Cycona View Post
    Damn, i didnt understand a thing !!!
    Could you please not constantly use "Bold" and "color" options for your whole texts... might be alright for specific words/important parts in a text, but it's quite annoying for a whole text/each sentence...

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by megamanax View Post
    I think the most insulting game character change would have to be Link's becoming right handed for Wii controls. Almost no one noticed, but it took away a feeling of uniqueness in Link. Of course he was still pretty unique being that he was younger than I was when I played Ocarina and he's killing giant spiders.
    Yeah, but that only happened because the two versions of the game are complete mirrors of each other, if I recall, he is still left handed in the GC version.
    Last edited by TheRealSpiders; 27th-June-2011 at 21:00.

Thanks

It is usually hard to notice some big changes in character, but if you ask me it usually happens when a character isn't well developed or detailed in one game and then becomes focus in next part, whereas they forget about some minor details they mentioned before and now it either doesn't exist or it's different completely.

That can frustrate gamers that pay attention to detail, especially RPGers, like myself.

My opinion.

@above bolding, yea I noticed that each posts has it's own styling. LOL ˘˘

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yubson View Post
    It is usually hard to notice some big changes in character, but if you ask me it usually happens when a character isn't well developed or detailed in one game and then becomes focus in next part, whereas they forget about some minor details they mentioned before and now it either doesn't exist or it's different completely.

That can frustrate gamers that pay attention to detail, especially RPGers, like myself.

My opinion.

@above bolding, yea I noticed that each posts has it's own styling. LOL ˘˘
    Character designs are completely different in Ark of Napishtim (Ys 6) and Ys Seven. I prefer the older style; the new one is acceptable though. As long as DMC5 style character changes don't happen I'm good.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Now that I recall, the art style between Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and its sequel, Dawn of Sorrow were dramatically different. Aria had the typical Gothic-esque style while Dawn was a lot more anime like.

When it comes to Casltevania, I prefer the former.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Character designs are completely different in Ark of Napishtim (Ys 6) and Ys Seven. I prefer the older style; the new one is acceptable though. As long as DMC5 style character changes don't happen I'm good.
    I wasn't referring to a specific game.
    But I trust you judgement. I was talking more generally.

Concerning Dante, I wish he never changes, he's just uber-cool-mean-mdfka and in Castlevania vs DMC - no great changes if remember correctly, just the way I like.
    Both series are my favorites.

Thanks
    EP Points

Axel from Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage: he was made to look subtly more like Final Fight's Cody when he, (Axel) reappeared in Streets of Rage 2, and I didn't altogether like that.

I guess being an old school gamer I feel like a lot of themes and characters went in a weird kind of direction, but I'm just older, so that's my perspective of things. It's like if I treasured a novel from childhood and then saw a modern film based on the book: even if the motion picture was above average it would still most likely disagree with how I had imagined the story to be in my head.