Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wii U

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    I tend not to think in that perspective, as I'm no longer a kid and probably will never (unfortunately) have children myself.
    Anyway, I think you over-estimate the price of the controller. This is not like an iPad, this thing likely has no internal processing system at all.. It's just a touchscreen, and that's all it is. The video displayed on it is sent by the console itself. A simple touch-screen by itself shouldn't run up the cost that much..
    I Really hope your right mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Na seriously, somewhat that is true but then again maybe more people that shun it wouldnt if there consoles was a little more.... normal or at least named normally
    Funny, as I recall Nintendo has more money and consumers than your imaginary company does.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Fixed
    Na seriously, somewhat that is true but then again maybe more people that shun it wouldnt if there consoles was a little more.... normal or at least named normally
    What exactly is "normal" in an industry where one of the leading consoles has the name "Xbox"? I mean, think about it, if you weren't into gaming, what would you think that was if someone mentioned it to you? "Virtual Boy"? I've read that some people are even finding the name "PS Vita" very weird sounding.

Thanks
    EP Points

bottom line unless nintendo proves this system to be worth it's value I will not be getting a wii u as was said before wii had some decent games but most were aimed at >10yrs or <60yrs if i wanted to play kids games i would take crayons to my walls

I like the idea and it seems to have a lot of 3rd party support but when the novelty wears off is when we will see if the system will continue to have this support or is worth purchasing

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Someone wondered it in the HO the other day, I think it was Fer... no more Friend Codes, there will be a persistent online ID to identify the players.

Thanks

So far im liking the Wii U
    I was impressed by the technical demo graphics
    The line up is also looking good
    For those that are ragging on the controller
    People walk around with those ridiculous I-Pads as a portable device
    I do not think this controller will be too difficult to pick up
    Interesting Idea that the controller can be used to play the game, even if the main screen is off
    EBGames reported that there was not much drop in picture quality either
    Also another mention, not that radical an idea
    I seem to remember using the GBA as a controller to the gamecube
    That worked fairly well

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, it's not the summum of innovation, they've just rescued a good idea they had back then for Four Swords making it even more attractive and cheaper. Although, only one new controller will be usable with Wii U at the same time, for multiplayer games the other controllers will be Wiimotes.

Thanks
    EP Points

I finally watched the Nintendo press conference this morning, and I am decently impressed. I am wondering what Sony and Microsoft will do to respond to it. Although Sony has experimented a similar concept in the past with integrating the PSP as a second screen for PS3 games. I'm sure that some PS3 games will utilize the PSVita in a similar fashion. I will probably purchase the Wii U at some point in the future. Full HD Zelda and Mario just seem appealing to me.

Thanks
    EP Points

...I like it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Two things. After it was announced, Nintendo's stock dropped. And then there's this.

And yet, part of me still wants to buy it. I wonder what will happen when it comes out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Vigil games already said they have Darksiders II running on Wii U, it took them 5 weeks to port it, if they didn't show it in the conference is cos Nintendo didn't want to show full games yet. I see no controversial.

Thanks
    EP Points

me neither, I cant believe people are making such a big deal out of them showing trailer reels from 360 and PS3.
    System is brand new, they dont have any games for it, except for Darksiders II which I expect should take some minor tweaks?...

It's just silly. Everybody realizes why they did that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Vigil games already said they have Darksiders II running on Wii U, it took them 5 weeks to port it, if they didn't show it in the conference is cos Nintendo didn't want to show full games yet. I see no controversial.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to probably wind up getting it, even if my Wii is sitting there untouched currently, I have faith in Nintendo that this will be good. But at the same time, things like that just feel slightly off, ya know?

Thanks
    EP Points

gotta invest in those stocks now, pay out in a year or so. People are getting nervous and selling, but its going to rise again. It's like free money

Thanks
    EP Points

Just watched some play demos on YouTube... I wasn't sold until the Zelda demo. Oh, my... I guess I'm impressed. Having your map right on the controller is dead handy.

You know, now that the Big N has a contract with EA Sports, eventually they'll have to figure out how to support multiple pad controllers... not since Dreamcast have you been able to choose a play on "Madden" without anyone else seeing your choice. I know several of my pals would gleefully run over their granny for something like that.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.